PDA

View Full Version : S&G or other.

Kangel
05-13-2007, 07:42 PM
I have a question about QD`s. Ok, you just did a detail on your finish. Looks really nice. When do you actually use the QD`s? I mean lets say I drive around a couple days later after my detail is completely finished, and I use a QD. From debris being on the car, I mean small particles, wouldn`t this cause web scratching even if I use the appropriate MF towel? I`m just not seeing the advantage of using the QD`s. Can someone help me with this? I`ve never tried them but want to and I want to be sure of what I`m doing so to do it right. Thanks! :)

budman3
05-13-2007, 07:52 PM
For the quick wipe downs a few days after a detail or wash, Spray and Wipe would be used. After your vehicle is cleaned, whether it is from S&W or a normal wash, you can use the S&G to revitalize the finish to that just detailed look.

Poorboy
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
I have a question about QD`s. Ok, you just did a detail on your finish. Looks really nice. When do you actually use the QD`s? I mean lets say I drive around a couple days later after my detail is completely finished, and I use a QD. From debris being on the car, I mean small particles, wouldn`t this cause web scratching even if I use the appropriate MF towel? I`m just not seeing the advantage of using the QD`s. Can someone help me with this? I`ve never tried them but want to and I want to be sure of what I`m doing so to do it right. Thanks! :)

QD`s are perfect for this time of year when all the pollen is flying about, to return a vehicle to the conditon it was after a detail or washing.
Also after driving fro a few days, if you haven`t encountered any mud or heavy dirt I would use Spray and Wipe first before Spray & Gloss.
The trick to not getting spider webs or marring is to wipe lightly and not rub while using absorbant and soft microfiber.

For the quick wipe downs a few days after a detail or wash, Spray and Wipe would be used. After your vehicle is cleaned, whether it is from S&W or a normal wash, you can use the S&G to revitalize the finish to that just detailed look.

yeah what he said:rockon