PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Spray on fender/headlight

jlift
05-10-2007, 09:41 AM
My little dog (combo. chihuahua/dachshund) pushed open the screen door last night and tore out after a skunk that was crossing my driveway. She`s only two years old and doesn`t know what skunks can do. My wife ran after her but by the time she found her, she was rolling around on the grass trying to get the skunk spray off of her face (the dog....not my wife!) I put on some neoprene gloves and picked the dog up and began to sniff her and yep....she got it good in the face. Nasty stuff!! So, we cleaned her up.

In the morning after getting to work, I noticed some green flecks, kind of like bug poop on my right fender and headlight (07 Yaris). I pulled one of my microfibers and the small spray of detail spray that I always carry and proceeded to wipe it off. Then I noticed the smell on the microfiber......skunk spray. I wasted a good microfiber getting that stuff off. I sure didn`t want to reuse them. Going to wash my car when I get home today. :eek:

Beemerboy
05-10-2007, 09:53 AM
My little dog (combo. chihuahua/dachshund) pushed open the screen door last night and tore out after a skunk that was crossing my driveway. She`s only two years old and doesn`t know what skunks can do. My wife ran after her but by the time she found her, she was rolling around on the grass trying to get the skunk spray off of her face (the dog....not my wife!) I put on some neoprene gloves and picked the dog up and began to sniff her and yep....she got it good in the face. Nasty stuff!! So, we cleaned her up.

In the morning after getting to work, I noticed some green flecks, kind of like bug poop on my right fender and headlight (07 Yaris). I pulled one of my microfibers and the small spray of detail spray that I always carry and proceeded to wipe it off. Then I noticed the smell on the microfiber......skunk spray. I wasted a good microfiber getting that stuff off. I sure didn`t want to reuse them. Going to wash my car when I get home today. :eek:

The one and only time that I have had to deal with skunk on a car...I used a Dawn wash to get the oils off..I also rewashed every thing that came in contact with the oils after that as well....if its only paint you should polish out and wax over that after

Troy@Protekt
05-10-2007, 10:09 AM
she was rolling around on the grass trying to get the skunk spray off of her face (the dog....not my wife!)

:rofl

Sounds like I "smell" a new product coming out soon;

"Paint Deodorizer" :lmfao

Bigs
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I heard vinegar can do wonders for skunk. Give it a shot and let me know...

audiboy
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
You could dunk your dog in tomato paste as well. I`m not sure on how happy it`ll be, but the smell could be gone. Did you happen to smell the paint after you cleaned it off? I know you mentioned that it was on the mf, but I was wondering if it would linger on a waxed painted surface.

jlift
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
You could dunk your dog in tomato paste as well. I`m not sure on how happy it`ll be, but the smell could be gone. Did you happen to smell the paint after you cleaned it off? I know you mentioned that it was on the mf, but I was wondering if it would linger on a waxed painted surface.

No, I didn`t bother to smell the paint, just the microfiber. I just parked at work and since there was nothing I could do right away other than detail spray, I will wait until I get home and wash with FK1 1119 then polish and wax again. I just got done detailing this brand new car. Where I live it is not uncommon to see skunks walking down the sidewalk!:passout:

black bart
05-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I heard vinegar can do wonders for skunk. Give it a shot and let me know...
How do I get close enough to the Skunk to give him a shot of vinegar.

Scott P
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
How do I get close enough to the Skunk to give him a shot of vinegar.

Dress up like a female skunk. :)

Alternatively, you could paint a white stripe on a black cat. It worked on Pepe Le Pew. :D