PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Bros. New Product - "ONE"

jlift
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Drove down to CB last weekend to get some waterless car wash and talked to one of the guys there (can`t recall his name). He let me preview a new product called "ONE". It is a waterless wash system/detail spray. It has Kaolin (sp?) clay in it. When you look on the bottom of the bottle (clear) you can see the white (I think he said "micronized") clay, so you do need to shake it up. It`s somewhat tangerine color, smells like...tutti frutti gum or a woman`s cosmetic (the stuff in the round thing with the mirror and sponge). I am not that jazzed with the smell. It seems to linger on your fingers if you don`t wash it off. You can use it on basically all surfaces - chrome/paint/fiberglass/glass/plastic, etc.etc. You shake it up good, spray it on, wait about 30-seconds until it "emulsifies", wipe it off using one way strokes, let it dry to a haze, then buff it. It really brings a gloss to the paint, but I think that it leaves a slight film on windows. He actually took me outside his office and sprayed it on a car that was parked. I have an old klunker that I use for grocery runs and to practice detailing on. I have had a stain (egg?) below the passenger`s side door that didn`t seem to come out no matter what I did (clay, SSR 1, 2, 2.5). I put some "ONE" on it according to directions, and it actually diminished the stain`s appearance considerably. The stuff is really amazing. He made me promise not to release any photos of the product since it is not on his website yet. I think that this is a great new product. I paid $34 a gallon but he discounted it for me by $10.

On a funnier note, he told me that a woman called in and said "if you are so environmentally friendly, why do you have a skull and crossbones for your logo?". So, he said the company changed the logo to a more eco friendly tree. :rofl

CharlesW
05-09-2007, 11:16 AM
The product may be great, but doesn`t using an abrasive every time you wash your vehicle make you somewhat nervous?
Especially in a waterless wash.
The film on the windows doesn`t sound like a good thing, either. If it leaves a film on windows, wouldn`t it leave a film on paint?
Maybe the film is from fillers.
It will be interesting to see how it works out, but you can be the beta tester for me. :)
Hey, what do I know? Five years ago, I wouldn`t have used a waterless wash if you gave it to me. Now I buy Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe by the gallon. :D

Charles

Bigs
05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I like testers of new products! :bigups

Can`t wait to see what the product looks like and also the results!

kgb
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Where is Chemical Bros.? Do they have a site?

jlift
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
chemicalguys.com

Sorry about that. I know I said chemical brothers, but I meant to say chemical guys. duh.....must have been thinking about some musicians, I think.. sorry about that.