PDA

View Full Version : I talked to Steve today.

Pages : [1] 2

AutopiaAdmin
08-22-2003, 02:53 PM
I called Steve`s house to see how he was and he called me back from the hospital.

Steve wanted me to let his friends at DC know that on Thursday he had a heart attack and that this coming Monday August 25 he is scheduled to have bypass surgery. Right now they are thinking it will be 4-5 arteries bypassed.

After the surgery he will need to take it easy for about 6 weeks and he hopes to have some of his friends help out with his business for a while until he gets his strength back.

Please keep Steve and his family in your prayers and let`s continue to hope that he makes a full and quick recovery.

Dwayne

Boss_429
08-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the update Dwayne!

My prayers go out to Steve and his family. He and his family have had their share of bad luck............ it`s about time for some good luck!

Cujo31
08-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks Dwayne

I hope he has a speedy recovery. He and his family are in our prayers.

Cujo

Coastal Eddie
08-22-2003, 03:41 PM
After years of doing all kinds of bad things to myself I had that surgery in 96. No surgercoating it, for a couple of weeks postop it hurts, and you don`t even want to think about sneezing!!! They`ll give him a little pillow to hold against his chest which will be his best friend for awhile. :)

But in 6 weeks it will be a bad memory and Steve will be a new man. HONEST.

God Speed Steve.

awd330
08-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by admin
After the surgery he will need to take it easy for about 6 weeks and he hopes to have some of his friends help out with his business for a while until he gets his strength back.

Thanks for the update Dwayne. Sending positive thoughts Steve`s way.

I`m willing to pitch in too if Steve needs a local volunteer. Steve can just have someone PM me if he thinks I can be of any help. I`m housebroken and very good at following instructions. Able to pack boxes, stick labels on bottles, etc. :)

-Marj-

Mike S60T5
08-22-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the update Dwayne!

Steve and his family will be in our prayers. Let`s hope for a speedy recovery.

edschwab1
08-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the Update.

Steve is my thoughts and prayers.

Eric

jgv
08-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Man, I feel sorry for Steve, my cousin, I mean, who would tell that would happen? Guess you never know ...

At least there, on the US, it looks like an easy cure, glad he doesn`t lives here...

Be well soon Cousin, we all miss you!

Tassadar
08-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Man oh man, more heart problems. Ive gotta get my butt in the gym.

God Speed to Steve, I hope he gets well soon.

NattyBumppo
08-22-2003, 06:43 PM
He was in pretty good spirits when I spoke to him but he is worrying about the biz, no surprise there. Anyone who knows Steve knows he goes a million miles and hour in every direction. Time to stop and smell the roses a bit! Next time I help him out at show I better not bring any Kripsy Kreme donuts!

Lets remember to say a prayer for his wife too. She is incredibly strong and weathering the storm like a trooper!

Natty

Boss_429
08-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Lets remember to say a prayer for his wife too. She is incredibly strong and weathering the storm like a trooper!

Natty

Natty,

That`s an understatement!

P.S. Be sure to tell Steve I ordered a bunch more of his stuff today....... that should help him feel a little better! :D

JeffBruce
08-22-2003, 08:10 PM
ditto
jeff

onthespot
08-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Dwayne, thanks for updating us - please give him my regards as well... Wishing him a speedy recovery...

Onthespot

rabbi
08-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Steve and his family are in my prayers. May his recovery be speedy.

Mr. Clean
08-23-2003, 09:49 AM
I think this thread warrants a "me too/I agree" post.

Prayers for doctors treating Steve, strength for his wife, and bringing the twin`s Daddy home as soon as possible.