PDA

View Full Version : web page up grade

southerndetail
05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
I have had my web site for about a year and a half and I am ready to revamp it. I am pleased for the most part with the basic lay out, but need some outside addvice with the rest. In June I am running an ad in a largly distributed magazine offering 10% off when you book your services online. Hopefully I will get good response from this, I just want to make sure its in tip top shape before I get any serious traffic.Southern Auto Detail (http://www.southernautodetail.com)

GearHead_1
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Couple of quick comments. Your gallery has only the cut out of the vehicle. This makes it very difficult to reference the picture. I can`t tell if the finished product is good or bad. I truly don`t know your market but your prices seem to be on the light side for what it is you are offering. If you are truly offering paint touch up in your scratch removal you`ve got to be the cheapest guy in town. If this is just a polish as scratch removal then it is a little unclear. I would also consider making the verbiage by the side of the vehicles on the page links. I know I clicked on these before I clicked on the bubbles at the top of the page. Overall I like the simplicity of your site.

southerndetail
05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I know what you are saying about the scratch removal, maybe I should word it a little diffrently, also I have about 300 more brochures to distribute with my current prices then I am going to break down my services and reconstruct my prices. I am told daily "Oh thats all, I thought it would be more" really a catch 22 of sorts.

Jngrbrdman
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I really really like the flash design. The animation on the buttons is my favorite. :) The only thing I would say about having the whole site in Flash is that unless your meta tags are really robust, it doesn`t provide much search engine food. It can also cause problems with slower connections, but this seems to load really fast so I don`t think that will be much of a problem for you.

I`ll look through it and see what other feedback I can provide, but I wanted to say thumbs up for the design right off the bat. It looks really nice and appealing.