PDA

View Full Version : 2 E150s; How much?

justin
05-06-2007, 08:08 PM
OK. So my boss was really impressed on how well one of our work vans looked after I washed it, and now wants me to keep both of our vans clean. I haven`t spoken with him personally to find out exactly what he wants, but I was told this by a coworker who had a meeting with him this past Thursday. I assume he would want me to wash them every week or every other week. I will talk with him this week to see exactly what he is looking for. I have really never done any "detailing" in general for people other than family and friends, so I am not sure exacltly how much to charge. He wants me to give him a price this week on how much it would be for me to do it. I will find out exactly what he is looking for and report back.

But in the meantime, how much would be a good price to do a basic wash on 2 2006 Ford E150s? They are base models, so they have the steel bumpers (no chrome), alloys (Meg`s Wheel Bright cleans them right up), with company vinyls on the sides and rears.

Thanks in advance, Justin.

audiboy
05-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I`m not trying to be vague as far as price goes, but you really just have to determine a price that represents your skill and time. This will of course depend on, amount of detailing knowledge, finished results, how much time is involved, and what type of area you live in. I know people that reside in large cities in Florida and California can charge a lot more than I can in my area of Arkansas no matter how good I am.

justin
05-06-2007, 10:21 PM
I`m not trying to be vague as far as price goes, but you really just have to determine a price that represents your skill and time. This will of course depend on, amount of detailing knowledge, finished results, how much time is involved, and what type of area you live in. I know people that reside in large cities in Florida and California can charge a lot more than I can in my area of Arkansas no matter how good I am.

Well, when one of the vans was excessively dirty, it only took me an hour to completely wash & dry it, and dress the tires. When I say excessively dirty, I mean, I don`t think it had been washed in the 6 months that we had owned it. I live in Jacksonville, FL, which is a pretty large city, with a lot of expensive vehicles. We have some of the surroundings are Ponte Vedra, Sawgrass, Julington Creek, etc. The TPC is at Sawgrass this week, to give you an idea. I`ve been looking on mobile detailer`s websites around here, and their prices range from $40 to $70ish for a wash/wax. I`ve never used a detail service, as I`ve done it as a hobby for the past 4 years, so I have no idea how much time and effort they put into detailing a vehicle. For all I know, they could foam and pressure wash a car, and use a spray wax to top it. I haven`t seen any local detailers that offer swirl removal, polishing, clay, etc. Most are just get in, get out, get paid. I prefer quality over quantity.

Troy@Protekt
05-06-2007, 10:46 PM
But in the meantime, how much would be a good price to do a basic wash on 2 2006 Ford E150s? They are base models, so they have the steel bumpers (no chrome), alloys (Meg`s Wheel Bright cleans them right up), with company vinyls on the sides and rears.

Thanks in advance, Justin.

Washing just the outside of 2 cargo vans weekly or bi-weekly sounds like an easy job. Doing them both at the same time on a regular basis, you could probably get them both done in about 40 minutes. So $20-25. per van is probably fair.

Small jobs I try to get $50.per man hour. Bigger jobs like full details you can do well at $40.per man hour.

Troy