PDA

View Full Version : review:Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

CalgaryDetail
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Product:
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Price: $19.99 USD per 16 oz

Price per application: not sure did not use a lot, was very inexpensive for a cleansing lotion

Texture/color: it was a white creamy liquid (minds out of the gutter), very similar to liquid sov. wax. It was not thick, yet not thin. In the middle I guess. It almost looked like icing sugar with to much water added

Smell: Not sure what it was, but it wasn’t bad or offensive. Nothing special but hey no biggie.

Directions as per pinnacle:

(copied from AG web site)

Hand Application:

Wash the vehicle with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpainclean.html)and towel dry with a Cobra Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel. (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html)
Apply a nickel-size amount of Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to a terry or microfiber applicator pad. Spread it over a 2 sq. ft. section using light pressure.
Working in a back and forth motion will lessen the likelihood of producing swirls if a piece of dirt becomes trapped in the applicator pad.
The lotion will dry to a haze. Buff lightly with a soft, clean microfiber towel. You can also use the Pinnacle Polishin` Pal (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpp.html) to apply Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. A 4 inch white pad will enhance the cleaning properties of the lotion and keep your hands clean during application.

How I used it: I applied a small amount on a foam applicator pad. I started with the drivers side hood and applied the product in a back and forth motion for a few minutes, or until it was almost clear.
I then let the cleansing lotion sit while I went and applied the next section. In this case the next half of the hood.
I then went back to the previous section and wiped off using a mf polishing cloth.

Application/ Removal: I found this very easy to apply and take off. Like butter. It was very simple. I have no complaints.

How did it work: It seamed to clean the paint well. I used it on a 2001 accord, that was gold. I did not clay as the customer did not pay for it. The cleansing lotion seamed to leave the paint very soft.
It took everything out that I wanted out. It did not leave the paint as smooth as clay but was defiantly better then many paint cleansers.

I did a review on hd-cleanse so I will compare it to that. It seamed to work better then the hd-cleanse and can be purchased in larger sizes.

Final thoughts: I really liked this cleanser. will I buy it again, I don’t know. I have a half dozen still to try. I liked it, it was inexpensive and did what I said it did. I would recommended it.

BLACKWRX
04-28-2007, 06:40 PM
so you used the product right before waxing the car? i would assume..
did the cleansing lotion pick up any dirt or clean the paint further (than the wash)?
is this product like the mothers cleaner wax or more like a slightly thicker waterless wash deal ?
if you did wax the car after the cleansing lotion how did the wax application and removal turnout, and what wax did you use, any pics
thanks for the write up i am a big fan of pinnacle waxes though i never used the cleansing lotion

Jen@autogeek
04-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Glad you liked the product. Thanks for taking the time to review it. :)

CharlesW
04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
The Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion was really a popular item about 5 years ago. It and Blitz wax seemed to be very much talked about.
For whatever reason, both products seem to have almost dropped out of sight on the forums.
If you read the information about the PPCL, it is probably as much a glaze as it is a cleaner. It doesn`t remove swirls and makes no claim to.
It`s been several years since I read much about it, but I don`t remember ever hearing anyone badmouth it.
That`s pretty rare in the detailing product world.:D

Charles