PDA

View Full Version : Funny Email I received

Tex Star Detail
04-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Got this in my email, thought it was humorous so I thought I would share.....

"Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use.

The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants!
There would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of
Gas would come down, bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border.
When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a
Canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq . Tell him if he wants
To come to America then he must serve a tour in the military. Give him a
Soldier`s` pay while he`s there and tax him on it.
After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he
Defended this country. He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal
Patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and
Provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves. If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem solved.
If you think this is a good solution to both the problems, forward it
To your friends. I just did."

(This was a cut and paste. Let`s not turn this thread into a political statement.)

Beemerboy
04-17-2007, 06:39 PM
We as consumers could send a huge message to the oil companies of the world...if every person in the US legal or not stopped using gas for a week...the demand would drop like a rock along with the prices...its a shame that the oil companies can boast about huge record profits but at the same time raise prices...truly a shame

Scott P
04-17-2007, 07:00 PM
The gas boycott would never work since we need it to get to work, school, etc. The way to send the message (and help reduce dependency on foreign oil) is to use less energy. Drive a more fuel efficient car. Keep your car tuned up. Develop better driving habits that reduce fuel comsumption.

Tex Star Detail
04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Yea, that "Boycott Gas" thing has been spread around for years. Never falls in place.

TrueDetailer
04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
We as consumers could send a huge message to the oil companies of the world...if every person in the US legal or not stopped using gas for a week...the demand would drop like a rock along with the prices...its a shame that the oil companies can boast about huge record profits but at the same time raise prices...truly a shame

That wouldn`t really work anyways. They would just export it to china or somewhere.

Face it we`re stuck with high gas prices. I don`t believe the whole supply and demand bs that we`re fed as a nation. Not with the record profits these oil tycoons have been having the last few years.

Beemerboy
04-17-2007, 08:57 PM
That wouldn`t really work anyways. They would just export it to china or somewhere.

Face it we`re stuck with high gas prices. I don`t believe the whole supply and demand bs that we`re fed as a nation. Not with the record profits these oil tycoons have been having the last few years.

I know that they have lots of other places to send gas to...but we are the biggest in the world for consumption...we have the ability to send the biggest message...