PDA

View Full Version : Detailing school???

malibu9in
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Is there such a thing? I did a search with no results. Do any venders offer such a thing? Im savy onm the subject but would like to become updated on ALL these products!

CalgaryDetail
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
There are lots of detailing schools. Lots of companies who make chemicals offer them.
I know rightlook, detail king, and im sure a few other have them.

I have never used them nor have alot of the people here. They are not needed. I am sure you would learn alot but I think there is somthing to be said for good old fashioned trial and error. There is alot of information on this site and others that will get you started and then some.

Do a search of what you are looking for, everything has been discussed before, and if it hasent then start a thread. I am sure someone else has experinced the same thing.

Tex Star Detail
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
there is one in Dallas.(?) I believe it is the Ding King.

detailz
04-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I would highly recommend Kleen Car in NJ with Kevin Farrell. Very affordable with a very respected individual in the industry. Education is invaluable and at no point does one know everything, you have a good attitude that many do not possess.
Here is the link:
Car Detailing Training - Contact Us (http://1car-detailing-training.com/html/contact-us.html)

Beemerboy
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
P&S Sales has some as well you can check their web site and see who is in your area, and when they are

Jngrbrdman
04-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Don`t get too hung up on the products that schools train with. It is all about the process and the technique of using whatever product works. You won`t find a school that teaches you how to use the Poorboy stuff and the Collinite products and Pinnacle, etc... The best you can do is find a company that will teach you the ins and outs of professional detailing to the tune of a few thousand dollars. Training is very valuable though. The school of hard knocks takes a very long time, so if you are in a hurry to obtain this information then one of the places mentioned would be very good.

richy
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Check this out:
Autogeekonline Car Detailing Forum - Learn auto detailing today! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/5514-learn-auto-detailing-today.html)

Beemerboy
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I think that for some one that wants to learn how to detail / clean the right way..even if its just for there own cars these school are great..I do know that detailing is about experience and choice of product to get the desired results..something that the school can give you a foundation...still if the cost is not to much its a great starting place

Poorboy
04-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I believe in on the job training. I learned a lot by working with a painter in the body shop business.
Him being my employee made him have a lot more patience, but i would get a job for little pay and work with a really good detailer or at a body shop and learn as much as you can. Ask questions and pay attention to the "DETAILS". As stated before a good detailer can use almost any product and get results, it`s the process and attention to details that will make you succeed :)

Woob
04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I would highly recommend Kleen Car in NJ with Kevin Farrell. Very affordable with a very respected individual in the industry. Education is invaluable and at no point does one know everything, you have a good attitude that many do not possess.
Here is the link:
Car Detailing Training - Contact Us (http://1car-detailing-training.com/html/contact-us.html)

+1, I personally want to do that training. Attn To Details, Automotive International, Rightlook, DetailPlus are all good as well.