PDA

View Full Version : Need Product for Undercarriage!!

97F1504x4
04-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Ok looks like i let my truck go way to long in between washings this winter and the road grime is terrible under neath. I need to start getting it ready for the show season and have already tried PB APC mixed with some soap in heavy concentration and it is barely making a dent in the filth. So I need some suggestions as to what product may help me get the undercarriage clean. I drive the truck in the winter time so the Mustang can stay in the garage. Guess i should have washed the truck a few times instead of putting it off. I now have way more work than i want.

Richard

Scott P
04-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Have you tried using a pressure washer to get the grime off?

CalgaryDetail
04-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Iwould trying mixing an apc in a chemical sprayer, spray the bottom of the car and let it sit and work itself in, rince with a preasure washer and try again.

It may take a few trys to get it off if the dirt is really caked on.... perhaps some pictures would help

97F1504x4
04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Have not tried my pressure washer. I figured if it would not come off with a brush and then by me using a wash mit then it certainly isnt not going to come off wiht a pressure washer. It is just normal nasty dirty road grime. Has like a milky look to it, but of course my entire undercarriage is painted black.
I mixed APC and saop in the foamgun sprayed it on let it sit then mixed a bucket of the same stuff and used the brush and wash mitt and it barely made a dent in it. I know Chemical Guys sells a few products which are called Grime Reaper
Heavy Duty Degreaser (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Acid_Degreaser_p/cld_104.htm)

and then this one called Red Hot Multi Purpose Cleaner

Degreaser (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Deavy_Duty_Degreaser_p/cld_102.htm)

Richard

LikeaRock
04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Richard- Believe me when I say a brush and APC isn`t enough for the undercarriage of a vehicle. I always use a pressure washer and some APC like Simple Green (Whatever works of course) and blast the living hell out of it, the stronger the product the better IMO.

After it`s all cleaned up, if it looks like you don`t need to paint any areas I`d follow up by spraying everything down with a dressing and simply wipe down excess with a "junk" MF towel. I always achieve great results this way.
Here`s an H2 I did back in October, it wasn`t in horrible shape to begin with but it had some filth from a few trips through muddy fields and what not.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1875/h2underco0.jpg

If I remember right, I used P&S Shine-All to dress it. Every time I detail a lifted rig I treat the undercarriage this way, when I`m done the customer usually thinks I re-painted everything :cool:

97F1504x4
04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Well i took the pressure washer and some simple green to it and that did help a little. Then I re painted a few areas that the pressure washer blew the paint off. So far it is looking ok and I am going to have to give some more paint touch ups. It`s raining again though after all the work i did and it`s pissin me off.

By the way What is P&S Shine-All?

Richard

Beemerboy
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Well i took the pressure washer and some simple green to it and that did help a little. Then I re painted a few areas that the pressure washer blew the paint off. So far it is looking ok and I am going to have to give some more paint touch ups. It`s raining again though after all the work i did and it`s pissin me off.

By the way What is P&S Shine-All?

Richard

P&S Sales is a distributor of car products...there Shine All is a water based dressing for undercarriages, wells, motors, etc....

97F1504x4
04-20-2007, 03:09 PM
:bigups

Richard

LikeaRock
04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
:bigups

Richard

I believe there`s a P&S retailer somewhere near Stockton, one of the surrounding cities maybe? It`s definitely a product line checking out.

P & S Sales, Inc. - Professional Detail & Car Wash Products (http://www.pssales.com/)

Ferrarislave
04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Here is what I do. This is my favorite part of detailin BTW. I use a really strong degreaser or wheel cleaner. I spray down the entire rear suspension area. Let it sit, then pressure wash at close range. Afterwards. I spray everything down with WD40. It literally makes everything look brand new. The WD40 also protects the metal from rust.

jimbo_01
05-01-2007, 06:34 AM
after having my lifted truck that i show the best thing i have found to use is just black krylon spray paint. you can touch it up in a few seconds and it looks brand new again. i do this because i drive my truck a good bit and stuff gets chips and dull.

LikeaRock
05-03-2007, 09:26 AM
Flat black works great, but you`ll still have a bit of overspray wafting through the air ;)
I only paint undercarriages if asked, but on my Jeep I spray the leafs/axles quite often as they get dirty fast and the paint cracks off the leaf springs with all the work they see. IMO using rattle can is a one-time deal, if you use some sort of dressing every few washes it leaves it looking great :rockon

kgb
05-03-2007, 09:46 AM
P21S Total Auto Wash works great!