PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax ICE liquid clay bar - Ice not nice!

dddetail
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi all, just got through my first use with this product. My 2 cents...Would not recomend it at all. Tried it on a 02 Honda, white, last clay/polish/wax Oct 06. Washed first, then used the product as directed. Very watery consistency, would not remove simple contaminants that my normal megs or mothers clay bar would remove with a couple swipes. The ice clay removed the dirty look of the white paint and brightened it, but left the paint still "rough" to the touch, not "clay bar" smooth as we have come to expect.

budman3
04-07-2007, 09:20 AM
It`s more of a paint cleaner vs. true clay, from what I`ve read and you are another one that supports this. Thanks for the info.

dddetail
04-08-2007, 11:56 PM
It`s more of a paint cleaner vs. true clay, from what I`ve read and you are another one that supports this. Thanks for the info.

Exactly, its a paint cleaner. The labeling is quite misleading and not fair!:wall

CalgaryDetail
04-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Exactly, its a paint cleaner. The labeling is quite misleading and not fair!:wall

you will find alot of that in the detailing world. Some times sealents are reffered to as polishes waxes sealents, ect.
You really need to read each label to figure out exaclty what it is.

Thanks for the heads up

BLACKWRX
04-28-2008, 10:00 PM
its more or less a mild cleaner and polish, it cleans the paint and removes light wash marks ......... it kinda reminded me of a watered down version of poorboys 2.5 , i would use this on well maintained cars, i wouldnt use it as a substitute for clay. say your paint is 100% showroom perfect, and the cars stays outside, you wash it once a week after about 5 or 6 washes i would use this just to clean up the paint then wax it ..... its a cleaner with a mild cut for very light polishing, i think it would make a great alternative for a paint cleaner, i like it as a light cleaner polish, its worth a try, if your looking for a cleaner with a light cut this would be a product for you

black bart
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys I picked up a bottle of this the other day and read the hype on the bottle but I put it back on the shelf.
After reading this I`m glad I didn`t buy it.

Old Pirate
04-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Try it last yr and it doesn`t do anything, just go with a clay bar.