PDA

View Full Version : deep scratches on a Lamborghini

southerndetail
04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I`ve got a client with a Lamborghini and intends on putting it in the DUB`s car show in June. Only problem is that he has some serious scratches. my finger nail gets lost in them, though I don`t believe they are past the CC. He refuses to take and leave the car anywhere, and doesn`t want it to be repainted. Guess I am wondering if there is a way I can fix the problem like wet sanding or something of the sorts. Oh, and says if I can`t fix the scratches he is not putting it in the show, HUGE loss for my pockets.:wall

budman3
04-02-2007, 07:36 PM
If you can feel it with your fingernail .... you can`t fix it. The scratch will be through the clear making it impossible to completely remove. You could possibly try wet sanding it to make it less visible... but it`ll still be there. Have you wet sanded before? If not, I suggest not starting on a Lambo...

TrueDetailer
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Have you wet sanded before? If not, I suggest not starting on a Lambo...

x2

If you can feel it normally its to deep to buff out. You may be able to wetsand but then you run the risk of going to deep and into the base coat. And i can only imaging the cost to fix that on a lambo. Thats something i would think of passing on myself just for the fact the amount of money i would make isn`t worth the aggravation, if something by chance happend.

Poorboy
04-02-2007, 09:11 PM
If you can feel it with your fingernail .... you can`t fix it. The scratch will be through the clear making it impossible to completely remove. You could possibly try wet sanding it to make it less visible... but it`ll still be there. Have you wet sanded before? If not, I suggest not starting on a Lambo...

x2

If you can feel it normally its to deep to buff out. You may be able to wetsand but then you run the risk of going to deep and into the base coat. And i can only imaging the cost to fix that on a lambo. Thats something i would think of passing on myself just for the fact the amount of money i would make isn`t worth the aggravation, if something by chance happend.

X3 ..it`s definitely not worth the risk :scared:

southerndetail
04-03-2007, 06:08 AM
I knew it was inevitable, I thought I might ask anyway. I have wet sanded before, but not on a $280,000 car

audiboy
04-03-2007, 09:02 AM
I`m going to agree with everyone else and say wetsanding isn`t worth the risk in this case.

Beemerboy
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
As a solution for him you might suggest calling the local high end used car lots...they should have a mobile guy that dose scratch repair...I have two guys that I use here....they can do wonders with some cars

Fishpimp
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Leave that bugger alone....Not worth the risk of liability ...

southerndetail
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for talking me down, I have gotten ahold of a mobile paint guy that comes highly recommended.

Beemerboy
04-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks for talking me down, I have gotten ahold of a mobile paint guy that comes highly recommended.

Good deal you will save your butt doing it this way...I get a bit nervous just detailing cars like that much less trying to repair something like that!

Brenton
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
x4

ajbarnes
04-08-2007, 12:54 PM
This may be redundant, but x5 on what every one else said. :D