PDA

View Full Version : Daddys Girl

Morrison1
03-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Today was a beautiful day in southeast nc, i did a few details this morning and was working on my last job this afternoon, and had to take my youngest daughter that is 4. I was working on a chevy astro van and had just put my final coat of wax on, and taken it off. I started putting my supplies on the trailer and cleaning things up when my daughter took my tire shine sponge and went all over the sides of the van with it, i wanted to get mad at first but started laughing at her. Hey she just wanted to help her daddy and learn the business, i guess times like this are priceless and they are only young once. I try to spend all the time i can with my girls with my busy schedule that i have and love every minute of it.

Beemerboy
03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Today was a beautiful day in southeast nc, i did a few details this morning and was working on my last job this afternoon, and had to take my youngest daughter that is 4. I was working on a chevy astro van and had just put my final coat of wax on, and taken it off. I started putting my supplies on the trailer and cleaning things up when my daughter took my tire shine sponge and went all over the sides of the van with it, i wanted to get mad at first but started laughing at her. Hey she just wanted to help her daddy and learn the business, i guess times like this are priceless and they are only young once. I try to spend all the time i can with my girls with my busy schedule that i have and love every minute of it.

They grow fast so enjoy moments like that!

Troy@Protekt
03-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I have two girls 10 and 12. They are growing up way too fast. One always asks me if she can help when I`m detailing. She takes pride in helping me work on our cars. The other daughter....... not so much.:)

It could have been worse! This reminds me of a funny but not so funny story. I will start a new thread so I don`t hijack this one.

Troy

audiboy
03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
That`s a cute story. It`s cool to hear that your daughter is wanting to be just like her daddy. I hope I have plenty of these stories to tell when/if I become a father.

Jen@autogeek
03-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Sweet story. My 9 year old daughter likes to help me when I`m out detailing too. She helps me with the interior cleaning. She especially likes vacuuming and she is my official rinser when I am washing the car. :)

Rich189
03-20-2007, 10:39 PM
im not a father as im only 19 but i have a 10 year old brother that loves to detail cars with me and learn how to do it so that he can be my "partner" when he gets older on the weekends (im a corrections officer full time and detail part time) but i think his big bonus is that quite a few of my customers have known me for a few years because i used to detail for a custom paint shop so when i pick up thier cars he gets to ride with me in some high end rides