PDA

View Full Version : Marketing In The Hood??

Beemerboy
03-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Since we are in a new neighborhood, I gave some thought to looking at my neighbors as new customers.

The old hood that we lived in I did almost every car with in 3 blocks.

I got to thinking about making up a flyer with some promo info.

Years of experience:bigups
Convenience of location:bigups
Special neighbor / intro discount:bigups

Then the sell would be to go around with my son, driving my jet black BMW, intro myself in person and talk to them about my services...I could use my car as the upsell for the service!:D

I know there are a few cars on the block and surrounding blocks that are high end rides...:excited:

Yet another hair brained idea of mine....Oh and the craigslist netted me 4 new jobs.:notme:

What are your ideas on this?

GearHead_1
03-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I`m not big on leaving flyers on homes and especially cars but meeting someone first hand, talking with them and leaving them with a business card/flyer is the way business should be done. If you can catch them in their yard all the better. I believe that people feel it is less of an intrusion when you walk up and say hi as opposed to ringing the bell.

Beemerboy
03-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I think that sounds like an excellent idea. I`m not big on leaving flyers on homes and especially cars but meeting someone first hand, talking with them and leaving them with a business card/flyer is the way business should be done. If you can catch them in their yard all the better. I believe that people feel it is less of an intrusion when you walk up and say hi as opposed to ringing the bell.

GH

Yes my intentions where to introduce myself as neighbor and as a added beneifit one that can detail their car...plus plus IMO

sneek
03-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Why don`t you intro yourself, and ask what they do for a living, if they don`t mind you asking. After they tell you the answer, they are pretty much obligated to ask you what you do for a living....and then you can throw in that you are a detailier who has been detailing for X amount of years ...blah blah blah. Then leave them 2 business cards.

Beemerboy
03-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Why don`t you intro yourself, and ask what they do for a living, if they don`t mind you asking. After they tell you the answer, they are pretty much obligated to ask you what you do for a living....and then you can throw in that you are a detailier who has been detailing for X amount of years ...blah blah blah. Then leave them 2 business cards.

I have found that even if you ask someone what they do for a living...its not always met with the same question...I network real well and make it a point to ask people what they do....most don`t ask back..

My reason for giving them the flyer is to let them know that I do this, I am real close by they can see my work, and can be trusted...I can make it real easy on them and I think that alone coupled with my experience can win me more business...

Poorboy
03-20-2007, 07:12 PM
some how I don`t think of your neighborhood as a "hood":rofl :gotcha::howdy

audiboy
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
By the wording of the title, I thought you were trying to detail some old Impalas with horrible paint jobs and a suspension lift just to fit some 30" wheels under the fender.

On a serious note, I couldn`t tell you where to begin. The people in my neighborhood don`t put too much importance in vehicle care. My car is one of about 5 or 6 that has ever seen wax.

Beemerboy
03-20-2007, 07:36 PM
some how I don`t think of your neighborhood as a "hood":rofl :gotcha::howdy

It must be the gangster coming out in me Steve....

AB

I know what you mean but in looking around mine there are some decent rides...its all in the sales that will win me this...I might have to offer some deal of sorts but I have ways of delivering back a great product with out spending all day on a single car...at my last hood I cleaned cars for those that other wise would have never got it done....it was easy and they knew my work...or maybe it was guilt

Poorboy
03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
By the wording of the title, I thought you were trying to detail some old Impalas with horrible paint jobs and a suspension lift just to fit some 30" wheels under the fender.

My first thoughts were that there were some low riders in the hood with some hydraulics and they were bouncing past Dave`s house and he said to himself, "man, those guys need some wax" :dnaughty:lol2::10:

Beemerboy
03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
My first thoughts were that there were some low riders in the hood with some hydraulics and they were bouncing past Dave`s house and he said to himself, "man, those guys need some wax" :dnaughty:lol2::10:

All of the low riders that I have seen keep them real clean....at least the ones out this way

ShineFX
03-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I dont think i is so much about technique as it is you are out there. It is all a numbers game and about who knows who.1 can lead to 5 and so on.