PDA

View Full Version : Bags over the mirrors

Pages : [1] 2

Troy@Protekt
03-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I have a funny story you guys will get a kick out of or probably relate to who knows.

Jessie and I had a bit of a laugh Saturday. We pulled up to a new customer`s house yesterday morning and the first thing we noticed was that he had put plastic grocery bags over the side mirrors of his new Yukon.

We both commented on what kind of customer we must be in for. We couldn`t figure out why he did it, was he ashamed of a zit on his face and he wanted to cover up all mirrors? Was it a statement to his wife that she spends too much time in front of the mirror? Maybe they were just the start of a cheap way to cover his car?

Hmmm... Instead of finishing the story now, I`m gonna see if someone here can guess why the mirrors were covered.

Anyone have a guess?

audiboy
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I`m going to guess that they were covering up the electronics from getting water in them, but with the way this story started(and how moronic some people can be), I have no way of telling.

AL-53
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
To keep the morning dew off the mirrors...but my second guess was to keep the sun from reflecting off them into the windows....

Al

Big Leegr
03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
To keep the drips from the washing from "ruining" the wax job?

Troy@Protekt
03-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Nobody has it yet, keep guessing.... :D

Poorboy
03-11-2007, 04:52 PM
my guess is he has birds that sit on the mirrors and he found the not only sh#t on the truck but also might have scratched it :) :mad:

audiboy
03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Did they not want you to touch the mirrors?

Troy@Protekt
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
my guess is he has birds that sit on the mirrors and he found the not only sh#t on the truck but also might have scratched it :) :mad:

You sound like you can relate. :D Poorboy got it.

Apparently their were some Blue Jays nesting nearby and they are protecting their turf by going around attacking the other birds (their reflections). The whole cul de sac was being terrorized. We looked around at all the parked cars and you could see where the birds had sat there pecking at the mirrors. There was bird crap running down the side of almost every car there. :rofl

It wasn`t limited to cars either. They went after the house windows too. I told the customer we had better wait to detail his cars, because the reflection we would make in his paint would be just like a mirror. :cool:

Troy

Troy@Protekt
03-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Actually after rereading your post Poorboy, you weren`t thinking of them attacking the reflections so you don`t win the prize sorry.

Poorboy
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Actually after rereading your post Poorboy, you weren`t thinking of them attacking the reflections so you don`t win the prize sorry.

of course i knew what they were doing..:rockon

we had the same problem at my mother`s house..never knew which birds were doing it but they would sh#t all over the sides of the cars and scratch the mirrors with their feet :mad: we ended up chopping down the tree closest to the driveway. :notme:

Tex Star Detail
03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
That`s funny. At my Father in Laws house, birds will sit on the door edge if your windows are down, and drop a bomb down the inside of your door panel....

LOL, don`t ask...

LikeaRock
03-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Never heard of that happening before, but birds suck. A client of mine has sea gulls that fly around his shop whenever I`m washing his truck, so far they`ve only bombed the truck once. I think they know what`s coming if they do it again ;)

Lol this sparks a memory from high school. We had a horrible pigeon problem at my old high school, like really, really horrible. Kids used to leave garbage everywhere so they attacked the quad area like hawks when break/lunch was over. And with all those pigeons accumulating around the school you know some bombs were dropped in the unfortunate heads of students :lmfao

No, never me ;) :excited:

DFTowel
03-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Reminds me of thew time I was driving throuigh the mall parking lot and spotted this horrific scene! A flock of seagulls attacking a very clean, very polished Mercedes! Not any other car, just that Benz!

http://leocerruti.com/gulls.jpg

LikeaRock
03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Reminds me of thew time I was driving throuigh the mall parking lot and spotted this horrific scene! A flock of seagulls attacking a very clean, very polished Mercedes! Not any other car, just that Benz!

Forget clay pigeons, I`ve got some real foul to shoot! :rockon :rofl

AhsGrad1973
03-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Mockingbirds will attack their own reflections. My Dad used to cover up my side mirrors with towels when I would visiting him during the spring. He told me about the mockingbirds will peck at the mirrors while sitting on top of them.