PDA

View Full Version : Coffee, Juice, Coolaid Stains???

MoparAddict
03-07-2007, 09:57 PM
So i was wondering if anyone new of any products(that work) or techniques to get out coffee, juice, and coolaid stains. I get them all the time at work and there a PITA to get out. I can get coffee stains most the time but i have been unsuccessful with juice/coolaid. The extractor doesnt touch them. Any suggestions, products i should try??
Any help would be much aprreciated.
Thanks,
Trevor

TrueDetailer
03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Theres a technique using a iron and lots of cotton towels. Its takes time but you get get red juice staines out. I also think theres a chemical from top of the line that says it takes out red stains with little to no effort but i`ve never tried it nor think it really does what it says.

Do a search for red stains, iron trick, etc on the detailing forums for more info on it.

Jen@autogeek
03-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Have you ever tried Kids n Pets? I use it all the time on food/drink type stains and it works great! My son`s school uniforms still look like new and he comes home every single day with stains on his clothes from greasy pizza, colored frosting from cup cakes, you name it. I put the kids n pets on it and let it sit a bit and then wash it with the rest of the clothes and it always comes out perfectly clean. I would try that if you haven`t tried it yet. You can find it at Target in the cleaning aisle and it was actually on sale the last time I went there last week. :) I hope this helps you.

CharlesW
03-07-2007, 10:34 PM
As you probably already know, getting at them quickly helps a bunch.
My usual carpet cleaner is the original Meguiar`s APC+ that has been discontinued at about a 12:1 water to APC+ ratio. It works pretty good for most cleaning, but I am fortunate in that I mostly do my own vehicles and we don`t spill a lot of stuff.
When something has somehow ended up as a stain on the carpet from something we have transported, I have used Folex and Kids-N-Pets with good luck. The Kids-N-Pets seems to do a little better job removing stains that have been in the carpet a little longer. Both products seem to work best when sprayed on, left for several mintes and then blotted rather than brushed.

I have never used it, but there is a product that is called Redout that is for removal of wine and juice stains. There are also several Kool-Aid stain removers that are just for that purpose. Also, several companies make cleaning agents that are supposedly geared towards coffee stain removal.

Charles

Tex Star Detail
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Rug Doctor makes a red stain remover, found at wal mart where they rent the carpet cleaning machines... I picked up a bottle, but haven`t tried it yet...

MoparAddict
03-07-2007, 11:04 PM
wow, i got a lot more answers then i thought i would.
Well im deff headed to Target tomorrow to pick up some Kids n Pets, Iv never heard of it before. Never heard of rug doctor either, makin a trip to Wally World also.
I have heard of the iron trick. Not sure on the exact procedure but im gonna do a lil searching.
Also deff going to look into the other products for getting out red stains.
THANK YOU all very much for the info and help.(maybe ill get to show up my boss lol)
Ill take some pics when i get a real winner :D
Thank You again everyone,
Trevor

Troy@Protekt
03-08-2007, 07:22 AM
So i was wondering if anyone new of any products(that work) or techniques to get out coffee, juice, and coolaid stains. I get them all the time at work and there a PITA to get out. I can get coffee stains most the time but i have been unsuccessful with juice/coolaid. The extractor doesnt touch them. Any suggestions, products i should try??
Any help would be much aprreciated.
Thanks,
Trevor

I have had some success with my vapor steamer combined with the dye remover they sell. It uses the same heating principle that the ironing technique uses.

Not to sound like a salesman, but having the vapor steamer has given me cleaning abilities that I did not have before. Atleast not with speed.

Troy

MoparAddict
03-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I have had some success with my vapor steamer combined with the dye remover they sell. It uses the same heating principle that the ironing technique uses.

Not to sound like a salesman, but having the vapor steamer has given me cleaning abilities that I did not have before. Atleast not with speed.

Troy

What vapor steamer would you recommend??

Beemerboy
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Folex is one that you can find at Target and it will take out what you are talking about...Oxyclean is another its a aerobic cleaner meaning that it is a oxygen induced cleaner that will aerate the area and lift the stains....after either that I have suggested I would use your shop vac or the extractor that you have at the dealership to lift the residue

Troy@Protekt
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
What vapor steamer would you recommend??

I hate to recommend a certain brand of anything because I want to stay nuetral being that I own this site. However since you asked, I have had a few different vapor steamers and dealt with a couple different companies.

I had a really bad experience with the company that makes the Desiderio Vapor steamer. That unit was a poor excuse for a vapor steamer and their service was awful. I sent the unit in for warranty repair at my expense and they billed me for shipping & handling to send it back (which was way more than it cost them to ship it). When I got it back, it was in pieces and had the wrong hose which was torn. They were bad about returning phone calls too.

Ok now that I got that off my chest. The unit I have now is a Eurosteam ES1900. It works very well and the company is a pleasure to do business with. Turn around for repairs is pretty good.

My experience with vapor steamers in general is that they aren`t very durable, in other words they break down on occasion. I am considering buying a second unit to have on hand, because I hate being without one when it is in for repair.

Troy

MoparAddict
03-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Folex is one that you can find at Target and it will take out what you are talking about...Oxyclean is another its a aerobic cleaner meaning that it is a oxygen induced cleaner that will aerate the area and lift the stains....after either that I have suggested I would use your shop vac or the extractor that you have at the dealership to lift the residue

I will pick up some folex as well. For the oxyclean, which one do you use? I know they have a few different ones for different purposes. I tried the Turtle wax carpet cleaner with oxy and it didnt do anything. Im sure the original works much better tho.

MoparAddict
03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I hate to recommend a certain brand of anything because I want to stay nuetral being that I own this site. However since you asked, I have had a few different vapor steamers and dealt with a couple different companies.

I had a really bad experience with the company that makes the Desiderio Vapor steamer. That unit was a poor excuse for a vapor steamer and their service was awful. I sent the unit in for warranty repair at my expense and they billed me for shipping & handling to send it back (which was way more than it cost them to ship it). When I got it back, it was in pieces and had the wrong hose which was torn. They were bad about returning phone calls too.

Ok now that I got that off my chest. The unit I have now is a Eurosteam ES1900. It works very well and the company is a pleasure to do business with. Turn around for repairs is pretty good.

My experience with vapor steamers in general is that they aren`t very durable, in other words they break down on occasion. I am considering buying a second unit to have on hand, because I hate being without one when it is in for repair.

Troy

Awesome, Thanks Troy for all the info and help. Im going to look into the Eurosteam ES1900, prob just end buying one, if its worth it in the long run. Ill buy anything that helps me do better work and finish it faster.

Beemerboy
03-08-2007, 08:55 PM
I will pick up some folex as well. For the oxyclean, which one do you use? I know they have a few different ones for different purposes. I tried the Turtle wax carpet cleaner with oxy and it didnt do anything. Im sure the original works much better tho.

The one that I use is the original formula, mixed in warm water...the Folex should do the job....if not then send me a PM and I can get something that I know will work

MoparAddict
03-08-2007, 08:58 PM
The one that I use is the original formula, mixed in warm water...the Folex should do the job....if not then send me a PM and I can get something that I know will work

ok sweet, Thanks Dave

MagicCity33
03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree with Troy on the vapor steam unit. I use a cheaper vapor steamer made by Mccullough (from Harbor Freight Tools), which has been a life saver. I still use a cleaner but I spray the area first then with my drill (with brush attachment) I scrub the area a little bit. Then I pull out the little green mean and vaport steamer. As I use the steamer on the area I go behind it with the little green mean to pick up the dirt solution. This gets the carpet and seat really clean. I will say this be careful not to get a steamer that is too hot it is possible to melt plastic and carpet if left in one spot to long. Keep the steamer moving at all times.

On my next purchase I want to get a continuous refill vapor steamer/extractor so that I can get finished faster. It can become a pain when you have to refill then wait for it to cool off then refill then heat up again.

Also with a vapor steamer you don`t leave allot of water in the client vehicle. I still use a blower with a heat attachment on it though.

Just my two cents.