PDA

View Full Version : good engine detailing articles??

OCD_Maniac
03-07-2007, 02:01 AM
hi all,

just like there is a good portable cable tutoring site, is there a site dedicated to engine detailing? i really like detailing but engine detailing is my weak spot.

i have yet to master engine detailing and i really want to check out a good tutoring site so can further be better in engine detailing.

thanks for all of the inputs!!

ocd_maniac

CalgaryDetail
03-07-2007, 03:08 AM
i know there are a couple of sites that offer free videos online.

i have no affliation,
however check out

adamspolishes.com (they have an engine detail.. sorta)
automagic.biz

Troy@Protekt
03-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Autogeek has a section that walks you through an engine detail pretty well.

Engine Detailing (http://www.autogeek.net/engine-guide.html)

It`s purpose is to promote their products and be a helpful guide for their customers, but it has some good info for you even if you don`t plan to use their stuff.

I couldn`t let adams and automagic have plugs here without giving our sponsor one too. ;)

Seriously, I don`t have a problem with what Calvary Detail has done. Offering advice on good sources for how to detail an engine must not be hindered by fear of upsetting the sponsors here. I know that Calgary is just trying to help and he is not trying to promote those companies.

It is important to me that our members have the freedom to post in this situation. Keep in mind, this makes my job harder as far as recognizing the hidden salesmen that come on here to promote their products. That is the fine line we (the moderators and I) have to determine.

I don`t want to get this thread off topic so please don`t respond to what I have said here. If you have comments about it, you can start a new thread and quote me there.

Thanks, :dcrules

Troy

Jngrbrdman
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
:) I wrote that for Autogeek. I was going to suggest the same article since it is more detailed than the part I wrote on OCDetails.com. It`s about halfway down this article (http://www.ocdetails.com/html/detailing_guide.html) if you are interested.