PDA

View Full Version : Foam / Gel or Liquid Cleaners / Degreasers?

Beemerboy
03-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I want to see who here likes what, and I am really only talking about wheels, wells, jambs, motor compartments and the likes of areas like that

I have used most liquid cleaners that I can dilute into spray bottles. However over the weekend I had the chance to use a foam aerosol can degreaser. I used in it the wells, one thing that I like right off was that you could see where the product had gone, and it seemed to stick really well the the wells. Which made me wonder if it was fighting the dirt better????

I also had the chance to use a aerosol gel based cleaner that I found equally as good in coverage and cleaning power, and again stuck to the surface like glue, until I used a brush and rinsed

It got me thinking about using foam or gel cleaners a bit more than I had previously considered

Anyone here have thoughts on this or experience in these types of cleaners?

CharlesW
03-05-2007, 10:00 PM
You might want to give one of the foam spray nozzles a try. I use one with my APC+ and it does help with the cleaner staying in place a little longer.
It is not nearly the foam that you get from the foam aerosols, but better than the regular spray nozzles.

Charles

Beemerboy
03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
You might want to give one of the foam spray nozzles a try. I use one with my APC+ and it does help with the cleaner staying in place a little longer.
It is not nearly the foam that you get from the foam aerosols, but better than the regular spray nozzles.

Charles

Thanks Charles will have a look at those...one thing that I do not like about aerosol cans, is I can`t control the dilution, and I don`t feel like I get as much product for the money....I also hate throwing away the cans....seems so unfriendly to the environment....But I can`t help feeling like it was working better for some reason...also the foam was so thick it looked like shaving cream all over the wells....maybe that was what impressed me

Tex Star Detail
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I am with Charles on the foam sprayer head. I have some and they are great. For my wheels and wells, I picked up a 1 gallon insecticide sprayer with a nozzle that you twist for a stream, spray, or foam. The cleaner will cling to the wheel, tire, or wells longer. And, in my opinion, is cheaper to use liquid in that manner, than it is to use a gel or foam

CharlesW
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
one thing that I do not like about aerosol cans, is I can`t control the dilution, and I don`t feel like I get as much product for the money

And, in my opinion, is cheaper to use liquid in that manner, than it is to use a gel or foam

I definitely agree with those comments.
Anytime you purchase an aerosol, you can almost be sure you paid a lot more money for the actual product you can use.
A good example is Stoner`s Invisible Glass aerosol compared with their spray bottle.

Charles

Beemerboy
03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I am with Charles on the foam sprayer head. I have some and they are great. For my wheels and wells, I picked up a 1 gallon insecticide sprayer with a nozzle that you twist for a stream, spray, or foam. The cleaner will cling to the wheel, tire, or wells longer. And, in my opinion, is cheaper to use liquid in that manner, than it is to use a gel or foam

I`ll have a look at Home Depot this weekend and see what they have...one more thing to add to the "I want list"

Thanks all!

CharlesW
03-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I`ll have a look at Home Depot this weekend and see what they have...one more thing to add to the "I want list"

Thanks all!I`m pretty sure I got my foam spray heads from Poorboy`s.
You order enough from there to add some to an order most anytime. :D

Charles

max080
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
JaniSan - Sprayers, Bottles and Dispensing products. (http://www.janisan.com/Impact/Pictures/Sprayers_Bottles_Dispensing.htm)

I was thinking about ordering one of the pump up or Jr. pump up foam sprayers. The Jr. looks like a good size and only $20. Scroll down a little past half way to view.