PDA

View Full Version : Back Pain

Elite M.D
08-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Anyone else have back pain after doing a detail? I detailed a Black BMW yesterday for 7 hours(Ill have pics soon) and I am feeling it today. My lower back is killing me. I am going to go to home depot pretty soon to get a brace and see if that helps. What do you guys do to save your back?

EBPcivicsi
08-19-2003, 12:02 PM
I have been fortunate so far, but my back does get a little stiff from time to time after a full detail. Usually after a few days it will pop and "reset" itself, after that it is fine until it starts to stiffen up again. Back pain can be a real PITA:D

JeffBruce
08-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I try to crack it back , hurts at first ..then it feels great...I have my 5 and 3 yrs old walk all over my back toooo
jeff

onthespot
08-19-2003, 03:12 PM
I`ve been detailing for quite some time now (since 1988). My lower back gets very sore, especially if I do 2 full details in one day...

Here`s what my wife bought me a month ago for an anniversary present... It`s awesome! She even had a room BUILT off the master bedroom specifically for it...

I used to drink a lot of beer and take Aleve to ease the pain... I still drink a lot of beer, but I`ve now substituted a jacuzzi for the Aleve...

Elite M.D
08-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by JeffBruce
I try to crack it back , hurts at first ..then it feels great...

I do the same but it is still sore after getting it to crack. I just went to home depot and got a back support belt. I think this should help.

Elite M.D
08-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by onthespot
I`ve been detailing for quite some time now (since 1988). My lower back gets very sore, especially if I do 2 full details in one day...

Here`s what my wife bought me a month ago for an anniversary present... It`s awesome! She even had a room BUILT off the master bedroom specifically for it...

I used to drink a lot of beer and take Aleve to ease the pain... I still drink a lot of beer, but I`ve now substituted a jacuzzi for the Aleve... :eek: that is awesome.

BumpersPlus2
08-19-2003, 08:02 PM
I have acquired an uncanny allergic reaction to anything except tylenol, or aspirin. Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen, etc. Used to could take anything, now I swell up, turn purple, blood pressure sky high, hives, er trip in a hurry! I mainly have shoulder pain. Lower back pain I have is due to dehydration I think, because it is in the kidney area. Have had kidney stones lately to boot. Got some percocets from the dr. for the pain, doesnt even make a dent in the shoulder pain. Chiropractic treatments have helped me TREMENDOUSLY in the past.

NattyBumppo
08-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by onthespot
I used to drink a lot of beer and take Aleve to ease the pain...

LOL...sounds like my prescription. A few Guiness or Bass Ale and two Aleve.

Seriously, I get very stiff after a full detail. Often times, the following day I have trouble traightening up when I get up from a chair. My wife and I actually went looking at spas but somehow my spa built into our deck morphed into a new dining room set :confused: .

That spa and room is awesome.

Natty