PDA

View Full Version : Does S&G add sealant/protection?

Suzanna
03-04-2007, 11:52 AM
The other half of my previous thread...
Does S&G add sealant/protection?

Thanks,
Suzanna

Brace1
03-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I would say no, strictly short-term gloss.

budman3
03-04-2007, 01:10 PM
It doesn`t quite `add` any protection or sealant to the paint but it actually revives whatever wax or sealant you have on the vehicle before hand. Let`s say you did a good detail a few weeks ago and finished up with EX-P. Three weeks later you go ahead and wash your car. The protection is still there but the looks may not be (hypothetical). This is where the S&G comes in to rejuvinate the gloss and slickness to the sealant. It is a quick detail to give you the just detailed look.

audiboy
03-04-2007, 02:21 PM
It doesn`t quite `add` any protection or sealant to the paint but it actually revives whatever wax or sealant you have on the vehicle before hand. Let`s say you did a good detail a few weeks ago and finished up with EX-P. Three weeks later you go ahead and wash your car. The protection is still there but the looks may not be (hypothetical). This is where the S&G comes in to reguvinate the gloss and slickness to the sealant. It is a quick detail to give you the just detailed look.

From what I understand about the product, that is right on. :bigups

Poorboy
03-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Actually it does add a little extra protection with the added gloss. It will add a little silicone polymer protection as well as rejuvinate the existing LSP. The more often it is used, like after a wash or Spray and Wipe, the more it will protect by leaving a slicker finish :)

We won`t advertise it as a protectant as we would not want people to depend on it solely rather than using a wax or sealant ;)