PDA

View Full Version : PB`s SSR 1, SSR 2, SSR3

Pages : [1] 2

fireman03
08-18-2003, 10:18 PM
What is the most effective way to see the results when using these products? Does it make that big of difference If it is with rotary, orbital, or by hand? If it does what are the methods that you are using? Also, how do you know when you need SSR 3 instead of SSR2?

JeffBruce
08-18-2003, 11:27 PM
There is an old time answer for this...you try the least abbrasive product...use it correctly..and if it doesn`t give you the results go to next abbrasive products...
jeff

Boss_429
08-19-2003, 05:10 AM
fireman03,

Jeff`s response to your question is the safest, and most recommended way. However, some people can look at a paint surface, and pretty much know the most abrasive product they need to start with............... and if one doesn`t have that experience, they need to work there way up to more abrasive products, rather than work there way down with less abrasive products.

As for the applicatior manner, nothing can beat a rotary buffer when it comes to creating a clean, mirrored paint surface. Of course, it takes an experienced hand with a rotary to achieve those results safely. Having said that, an orbital buffer, with the correct pads, and products, can produce excellent results when used properly. As for hand polishing......... depending on the product, it can be done, but is a lot tougher, and the results will never be that of a rotary, but can match that of an orbital.

Poorboy
08-19-2003, 07:53 AM
I agree with the Boss....experience can tell you that you need something more abrasive, but it`s always safer to even take one step back to a lesser abrasive and then go back and use a more abrasive products if needed.:D

Cujo31
08-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Has anyone noticed the SSR1 having a deeper shine over SSR2? I know its slicker than 2, but maybe its just my eyes.. LOL

Coastal Eddie
08-22-2003, 03:32 PM
I`ve only used 2 & 3 hmmmmmmm. Know where I can get a pint of 1 fast?

Cujo31
08-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Nope not at all =P

When its slow I was thinking of messing around a bit :)

NattyBumppo
08-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Cujo31
Has anyone noticed the SSR1 having a deeper shine over SSR2? I know its slicker than 2, but maybe its just my eyes.. LOL

Yep, I agree completely. Right Boss?

Natty

Tassadar
08-23-2003, 01:58 PM
I liked the feel of SSR1 a lot, but then I used Pro Polish over that and became disappointed becuase it lost the smoothness.

Boss_429
08-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Yep, I agree completely. Right Boss?

Natty

Natty, just ordered some SSR1 yesterday, so next weekend, I might get a chance to try it. However, based upon your findings, I`m certain that I will find that the SSR1 is the slickest/glossiest of Poorboys polishes. I`m interested in Tassadar`s findings that the Pro Polish might tend to "knock down" some of the gloss/slickness of the SSR1. If that`s the case, I might tend to use the PP more as a paint cleaner, and even use it prior to any of the SSR polishes, as I love the way the PP cleans. Any thoughts on that?

Cujo,

Natty really loved the gloss and slickness of the SSR1, when compared to the SSR2............... that`s good enough for me. I`ll be waiting for the Big Brown Truck everyday next week!

Tassadar
08-23-2003, 02:57 PM
PP is a very intresting product, im not sure what to make of it. Its very oily, you can tell this the SECOND you start to apply it.

Im really not sure what to make of it, im not sure where it falls in the procedure of things either. Really its an intresting product, but I think SSR1 should be used after it.

Boss_429
08-23-2003, 04:52 PM
I agree Tass, and I`m determined to keep it in the mix somewhere.......... just quite haven`t figured out where yet? :confused:

Tassadar
08-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Well I tried a section of hood using 2 different setups

Left:

1. SSR2 - terry
2. SSR1 - terry
3. PP - terry
4. PwC - foam
5. EX - PVC

Right:

1. SSR2 - terry
2. PP - terry
3. SSR1 - tery
5. PwC - foam
5. EX- PVC

I cant seem to find much of a difference, besides the right side feeling slightly smoother.

Ferrarislave
08-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Could anyone Compare the Poorboys line of abrasiveness to meguiars products Im most fimilar with the Meg`s line and am looking for something more powerfull then DACP.

NattyBumppo
08-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Tassadar
Well I tried a section of hood using 2 different setups

Left:

1. SSR2 - terry
2. SSR1 - terry
3. PP - terry
4. PwC - foam
5. EX - PVC

Right:

1. SSR2 - terry
2. PP - terry
3. SSR1 - tery
5. PwC - foam
5. EX- PVC

I cant seem to find much of a difference, besides the right side feeling slightly smoother.

Perhaps not in your final product you didn`t feel a diff but I`d bet any amount of money that when you applied the PWC over the SSR1 the finish was a lot smoother and the PWC went on much easier than it does with the PP.

And if you were to apply EX over either PP or SSR1 as a final finish I`ve noticed the diff.

PP get use now as a paint cleaner for me. I`ll use it prior to UPP or for a light duty SMR then follow with SSR1 for that slickness and gloss before my final finish.

Natty