PDA

View Full Version : New forums (sections)

Troy@Protekt
03-04-2007, 08:48 AM
I am creating new sub-forums and sections in an effort to make subjects easier to find. So bear with us while we move some old threads to populate these new areas.

Please try to place any new threads in their apropriate sub-forums. We are hoping this will make things easier for everyone.

If we find that people aren`t posting in these new sub-forums then we will have to do away with them.

Thanks for your support,

Troy

Tex Star Detail
03-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I like the look so far Troy. The new sections look great.

In the Pro Detailer section, wouldn`t it be better if it were locked/private? Where just anyone cannot see it? Maybe pay an annual membership to be able to view it, along with getting more PM space and a few other perks?

I just feel that the average Guest skimming through without being a member, or paying member, shouldn`t be able to see what the Pro`s discuss. As in business management, legal stuff, insurance talk, etc.......

Maybe leave the "Getting Started" open for folks interested to post general questions about the profession. Maybe even have a detailers directory?? I would pay more in an annual membership to be listed on it. Maybe name, number, website, logo(?)..... Just a few suggestions.....

Troy@Protekt
03-04-2007, 04:26 PM
In the Pro Detailer section, wouldn`t it be better if it were locked/private? Where just anyone cannot see it? Maybe pay an annual membership to be able to view it, along with getting more PM space and a few other perks?

I just feel that the average Guest skimming through without being a member, or paying member, shouldn`t be able to see what the Pro`s discuss. As in business management, legal stuff, insurance talk, etc.......

Maybe leave the "Getting Started" open for folks interested to post general questions about the profession. Maybe even have a detailers directory?? I would pay more in an annual membership to be listed on it. Maybe name, number, website, logo(?)..... Just a few suggestions.....

How many here would like a private area in the pro detailing section to discuss things that you don`t want the guests or non-supporting members to see? My vote is to keep everything public, but maybe I`m not seeing the advantages that Chris is seeing.

I would like some input from everyone before I make a decision on the matter. I`m trying not to change too much at once.

Troy

audiboy
03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
I can see a valid argument to do it either way, so I think I`ll be neutral for a while until someone comes up with a few good points to do it either way.

TrueDetailer
03-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I think a section for paying members would be cool. A few sites where i go to have them plus added perks. Some of them include the private sub-forum which is un-moderated allowing us to post things that normally wouldn`t cut it in the regular forums. We`re also allowed to choose between colors for our s/n.

I was thinking, maybe we could bring back the selling/buying/trading post for paying members only? Or even bring it back for everyone and make it so you must have say 75 valubale posts before being able to access it?

Tex Star Detail
03-04-2007, 05:30 PM
I`m just saying a private sub forum for the business info and marketing areas. The other business sub forums are fine....
I`d pay a membership fee for it.

I`m sure there are other folks here that like to discuss business info and ethics, but don`t want it in the public. I know it is still pretty much public, lol, but it would be out of the eyes of the general public. I think that makes sense?