PDA

View Full Version : "Those clubs"

Wetwerks
02-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Alright guys, here is the situation and the question. One of our regular client`s good friend is a manager at a Gentlemen`s club. We were informed late last night that he wants to meet with us to offer his clientel wash/detail services at his club. It sounds like a good way to build a customer base for us, in turn a "value add" at his club. Now the question is this, both our girlfriends (my partner`s and mine) are having some difficulty accepting the location. Our outlook is that of our business and it is our primary focus. My business partner and I are both in our early 30`s and have "been there, done that" in regards to those types of clubs. We were just curious if anyone has had/done business in this manner, and did it affect your personal life in anyway? Thoughts, suggestions? :confused:

Walter
Co-owner

Beemerboy
02-21-2007, 05:18 PM
I think that you have to respect what your partners are thinking and their concerns....However I do not see this as any different sales opportunity than if it was a office complex....I suspect that you will not be going inside the building but rather dealing with a point person that is up selling the services to his clients. Then you show up with what work he has for you get that done / paid and leave.

I can see both sides of the coin but business is business and his money is as good as any other.

I would concentrate on getting the ladies to see that side of it and not be so suspect about what they are thinking you would be doing there other than detailing.

audiboy
02-21-2007, 05:28 PM
That`s a tough call. Like Beemerboy said, money is money. Their business is not illegal, so associating with them shouldn`t be a problem, as long as you have limited contact. If you keep it on a professional level and never have to go inside the club to promote your business, I don`t see anything wrong with it. If your girlfriends aren`t willing to trust that you`ll only be detailing vehicles and nothing else, you might have to weigh what is more important to you.

Wetwerks
02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I have not set up the meeting with the manager yet...still weighing out some of the details. I suspect that it would be an "on call" type versus us setting up over there. As stated, I do not yet know all the facts, but will very soon. I`ll be sure to let everyone know how it turns out. Thank you very much for the input. :) As for my GF, I know I`ll have to talk it over with her a bit more tonight. On the business side of things, I can see how it can go either way, that is why we are on the fence at this moment. It could be good for business, very good infact from what I have heard so far, but what about perception? Will that possible cost us clientel in the future? Will it adversly affect our reputation? These are some questions we have to ask ourselves.

Walter
Co-owner

CharlesW
02-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Lots of things to consider about this arrangement besides the money.
One thing that comes to mind immediately is whether you are going to be more or less a sub-contractor through this guy.
If that is the case, I think I would pass it up.
Another is the overall reputation of the "Gentlemen`s Club". Some are legitimate, some are known for their extracurricular activities. If you have a friend in law enforcement, he can tell you pretty quickly what type of reputation the place has.

Charles

audiboy
02-21-2007, 06:24 PM
As for whether it will hurt your business more than help it, I think it really depends on the social perception of those businesses in your community.

Poorboy
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I`d pass if you can afford it ...the possiblity of one of their employees trying to trade their services:dnaughty :ra:ra:ra for your services might cause more trouble than it`s worth....and wouldn`t you need to go inside to collect :eek::confused::huh:

Beemerboy
02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I`d pass if you can afford it ...the possiblity of one of their employees trying to trade their services:dnaughty :ra:ra:ra for your services might cause more trouble than it`s worth....and wouldn`t you need to go inside to collect :eek::confused::huh:

Steve

If these guys handle this in a professional way I see no reason why they shouldn`t go after it..unless there GF put the hammer on them about it then that`s different...However if it set up right there should be no reason they would have any contact with the people inside the club...that`s the way I would approach it...The only thing that I was thinking is don`t these places do most of there business at night?...not that I know anything about them:crazy2:

dr_detail
02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Years back, when I managed for another company, we were aproached from a fitness center to do pretty much the same thing -- offer our services to there clients while they worked out. After advance marketing too all the members in the "time saving service" we will be offering them, we blanked out select days of the week (which were their busiest), set up shop and waited to see what happened. After the fourth trip out there, and only ending up with one wash, we droped the idea.

If you have multipe units, and can send someone over on a moments notice (not to many that I know that can do this), or are a shop that is not to far away and can offer free pick-up and delivery are my suggestions as to how to make it work.

Better idea though --

**BiKiNi CaRwAsHiNg**
Have the girls darn skimpy outfits and do the washing!!

Bags
02-21-2007, 11:11 PM
I would start by driving through the parking lot to see what kind of cars are parked. If its the right clients good be a good contact. Maybe detail the Managers car during hi traffic hours more like a one time promo and have the GF`s as sales persons booking appointments for the future. It might be a little difficult to detail while they are onsite and may make the client look a little better if u detail at his office. my 2 cents

Poorboy
02-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Steve

The only thing that I was thinking is don`t these places do most of there business at night?...not that I know anything about them:crazy2:
I don`t think that`s the only thing you were thinking of :stick: , but I would also agree that they must be busier at night and the people there during the day probably don`t have the time to get full details.:rolleyes: you know those dollar bills can`t last that long:lmfao:crazy2: :D

beside how excited can they get about a clean car after coming out of a "Gentleman`s Club" :dnaughty