PDA

View Full Version : props again to craigslist!!

Pages : [1] 2

Jngrbrdman
02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
It was a great weather weekend that we just had so I took the opportunity to get the bike out and ride it around a bit. I still haven`t had much ride time on it since I bought it, so getting it on the road is important to identify any maintance it might need. I started having two problems right away. One was annoying as all get out. The clutch wouldn`t engage all the way. That sure makes starting out a little tricky. It starts in neutral just fine, but when I put it in gear it would, of course, kill. So that was an issue, but it was intermitent and not always a problem. I could shift while driving just fine, but sitting still it wouldn`t do it very well.

Problem number two was that it was only firing on one cylinder. Hmmmm.... Time for some troubleshooting. I`m still new to motorcycle mechanics, so I really wanted someone to help me out here.

I posted on Craigslist on Saturday night that I needed a mechanic who was willing to come over and troubleshoot with me. Within 15 minutes I had an email from a really nice guy who offered to come over this morning and work on it with me. The clutch problem turned out to be just too much oil in the system. We drained some until it was level and the problem went away 100%. The second problem was just a fouled spark plug. We replaced the plug and it runs like a champ. We spent about two hours messing around with different possible solutions until we sorted it all out, but we did it. I gave him $50 bucks for his time and expertise and told him that I`d use him again if I needed it.

It`s just another great testimony to how wonderful the Craigslist community is. If you ever want to set up advertising or anything else then I can recommend them without hesitation. It has hooked me up sooooo many times.

Pockets
02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
It has hooked me up sooooo many times.

Me to I have sold my drum set, snowboard, paintball gun barrel, guitutar, skies, and dirtbikes. I love that website (and its free:rockon )

audiboy
02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
What exactly is craigslist?

Beemerboy
02-20-2007, 09:21 PM
AB

Craigslist is like eBay but its free to list on, kind of like a national based flea market if you will

have a look they have one for your area and its fun to look threw and see what people are selling

craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events (http://www.craigslist.org)

look up at the top and locate your state and then county / area

I have sold stuff on it and found a job!

audiboy
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info Beemerboy! I actually found someone wanting wheels for their daughters vehicle and the wheels I have from my last car match the exact description of what they`re looking for. Hopefully I can finally get rid of those things.

That`s cool that you found a mechanic that quickly Jngrbrdman. It`s even better that all of your issues got resolved.

Pockets
02-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info Beemerboy! I actually found someone wanting wheels for their daughters vehicle and the wheels I have from my last car match the exact description of what they`re looking for. Hopefully I can finally get rid of those things.

W/o a doubt they will be sold really fast. :) The only bad thing about Craigslist vs. Ebay is there is no bidding you just have a fixed price so you dont have any chance that it will be sold for more. But then again you dont have a chance that it will be sold for less. Unless of course you put "OBO" in the description.:ra

Jngrbrdman
02-20-2007, 10:19 PM
the best part about craigslist is that it is all local. You don`t have to worry about dealing with someone from out of state that you will never be able to track down if you get screwed. Locally it is much easier to do business because you can go see the product before you buy it. It is amazing the things I have found. I put `wanted` stuff on there all the time. I had some engraving done, mechanics found, and all sorts of things just by putting it out there that I was looking for a service or product. Just picture it as your local newspaper classifieds online. I love it.

audiboy
02-20-2007, 10:20 PM
W/o a doubt they will be sold really fast. :) The only bad thing about Craigslist vs. Ebay is there is no bidding you just have a fixed price so you dont have any chance that it will be sold for more. But then again you dont have a chance that it will be sold for less. Unless of course you put "OBO" in the description.:ra

Unfortunately, they are a pricey set of wheels and tires. I`ve knocked off $1000 off of the original purchase price and have still had trouble selling them.

Pockets
02-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately, they are a pricey set of wheels and tires. I`ve knocked off $1000 off of the original purchase price and have still had trouble selling them.

:passout: Where were you selling them???

audiboy
02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I was trying to sell them on local and national forums. People really like the wheels and tires, but they weren`t willing to pay what I was asking for them.

Pockets
02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Try putting them on Craigslist for the price that you want for them see what happens then gradually lower the price after a while and maybe someone who was looking at them will bit at a low price point.

Its worth a shot. If you can get it for the price you want then it was worth it :bigups

Jngrbrdman
02-21-2007, 12:07 AM
That`s just proof that the value of something is only determined by the price someone will pay for it? Is Zymol worth $1500 bucks a jar? Not really, but if people will pay for it then I guess it is worth it to them. I wouldn`t pay $2000 per wheel for my car, but I know people who would and that is why they cost that much. You just need to find a market for them where people who understand the value you place on them and then they will sell faster.

LikeaRock
02-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Nice score on the mechanic! I`ve had great luck on CL as well, I scored the wheels/tires for my Jeep, a set of 5 15X10 Rockcrawler wheels with 33X12.50 BFG Mud Terrains, spare was brand new and the rest have about 70% tread left, all 5 for $500! :rockon
New the wheels would have ran me about $300 and the tires would have been in excess of $1100 for 5 brand new :passout:

Sold a set of rims from a buddies Celica on there as well, went within 2 days. We also sold our Ducati 749S on there as well. CL has it`s bad crowd but for the most part it`s a great site

Jordan_B
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I found the van on CL! I had been looking for one on e-bay all over the U.S. for months and was actually ready to travel if I found one running. I ended up finding her on CL 20 miles away from home and paid $1500!!!!!! The 62`s on E-bay sold for $2000 with no motor or glass. And the best part; Craigs is 100% free!!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Jordan_B/The_Van.jpg

Beemerboy
02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I found the van on CL! I had been looking for one on e-bay all over the U.S. for months and was actually ready to travel if I found one running. I ended up finding her on CL 20 miles away from home and paid $1500!!!!!! The 62`s on E-bay sold for $2000 with no motor or glass. And the best part; Craigs is 100% free!!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/Jordan_B/The_Van.jpg

Pretty sharp looking van...very clean...any rubbing issues with the back tires?

what have you done on the inside?

I had one just like it back in the 70`s rug kit inside and pistipe and rims was all...og yea and a xxxxxing 8 track!!!

I had a name for but can`t print that here, had something to do with cats