PDA

View Full Version : Well...Im an idiot

2drtahoez71
02-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Its been a while since Ive detailed anything, and for some reason, I figured it would be a good idea to clay with Adams yellow clay (the oldschool stuff that isnt around anymore) using water as the lube.

Needless to say, this was a bad idea. While drying off in the garage I found the entire path the clay traveled on my paint mapped out in marring.:wall :wall :wall

I was planning on doing PB PwSv3 on an orange LC pad tonight to clean up some stray wash swirls, but now it looks like I have my work cut out for me. Im going to be out there all night.:surrender.

Ill get some pics up later. Wish my luck.

audiboy
02-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Simple mistakes happen to the best of us. The important thing is that it will be correctable and you`ll learn a good lesson from it.

On a side note, you could probably get a really good entry into the paint correcting contest if you post before, during, and after shots.

CalgaryDetail
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
It happens. as long as you learned somthing it wasnt in vain.

what im more amazed at is that you still have the yellow clay. I loved that stuff. Its too bad its imposible to find anymore

Poorboy
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
It happens. as long as you learned somthing it wasnt in vain.

what im more amazed at is that you still have the yellow clay. I loved that stuff. Its too bad its imposible to find anymore

How true ..lubricant is a needed as tool for many of life`s applications:dnaughty

Nothing is impossible :notme::notme::notme::notme: :D :D :D :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

2drtahoez71
02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did a second wash, sealed the wheels with PB wheel sealant, taped everything off, and went to take pictures....and my camera is broken!!! i let a friend of mine take it for a while, now it doesnt work. I cant catch a break tonight lol.

as long as I get my paint back to normal, ill be happy. i just hope the PwSv3 does it and i dont have to break out something stronger.

btw...if I use PwSv3 on a PC with an orange LC pad, will this still act as a sealant, or do I need to follow up with another application by hand? If the latter, should I just move to a pure sealant like UPP instead?

audiboy
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
From what I understand, PwS is more of an LSP or a prep for your LSP. I know it`s a polish, but I wonder if the sealant in it will have a bonding issue with multiple passes in a short time span. Do you have any other polishes on hand?

Poorboy
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
btw...if I use PwSv3 on a PC with an orange LC pad, will this still act as a sealant, or do I need to follow up with another application by hand? If the latter, should I just move to a pure sealant like UPP instead?

Yes it will still work as a sealant, but it would be best if you either did another coat on a slow speed or hand , or add another LSP if you have the time tomorrow :)

then go have a :cheers: (soda or beer) and relax :rockon

budman3
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
You should be good to go. The Orange LC pad will take out the marring from the clay and will leave some sealant behind. From my experiences the more you work it as a polish the less sealant. I polish the whole vehicle and then when I`m done I wipe off. You can also add whatever you want ontop and shouldn`t have any problems.

2drtahoez71
02-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Steve For President:yay :yay :yay

PwSv3 is amazing. My paint is now 100% flawless. Well, about 95%, i got tired and called it a night and left a few awkward tight spots unfinished...but tomorrow, its gonna be 100%:D

I only wish I had a camera for before an afters...just more testimony for these awesome products.:yourrock

Poorboy
02-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Steve For President:yay :yay :yay

Does that mean Pockets gets to be Vice-President :eek: :huh: ;) :D

Glad everything worked out for you:bigups

Pockets
02-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Does that mean Pockets gets to be Vice-President :eek: :huh: ;) :D

:rolleyes: :D That would be really cool. Hey 2drtahoez71 do you have the gray PwS or the orange PwS???:rolleyes:

2drtahoez71
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
its grey

2drtahoez71
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
You should be good to go. The Orange LC pad will take out the marring from the clay and will leave some sealant behind.
you were right...marring is gone, and i think theres some sealant behind. Its super slick, which leads me to believe theres something there...but then again, its super slick after SSR1 too:confused:

budman3
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Glad it worked out for you. I like the LC oragne and PwS combo- it isn`t too aggressive yet it busts out the swirls- pretty cool for a product that doens`t have any abrasives in it.

Did you wait to remove the polish after you went around the whole vehicle? I like to do that to give the sealant time to adhere to the paint... that is if I didn`t polish it all away (which I don`t know if it could happen or not). Plus I like how easy it is to remove after 15-20 minutes. The slickness is great.

2drtahoez71
02-20-2007, 09:40 PM
well on the front half of the car I wiped off after each section I polished. On the rear half, I waited until I was finished to wipe.

I didnt notice any difference in ease of removal, or slickness.

Im gonna say this is my new favorite product.

btw...how does it remove swirls/marring without abrasives? what would be a comparable product that does the same? Ive used AIO with a PC and I dont remember it doing this, but then again I cant remember what pad I used either.