PDA

View Full Version : Picture Posting

Troy@Protekt
02-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Picture posting will no longer be allowed on Detail City and I am fining each member who has broken our picture posting rules $500.00! :huh: :wow: :passout:

Ok, seriously. I have edited the picture posting rules once again. After giving it further thought, I have decided not to make it a rule that tags and company signs not be shown. We still reserve the right to remove posts that we feel were posted for the purpose of advertising.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. :dcrules

Troy

PS. Here is a copy of the new picture posting guidelines;

5. POSTING PICTURES*: As of January 9, 2007, we have amended our rules regarding posting pictures.

Members once again may post pictures of vehicles in forum threads. We ask that you make license plates unreadable out of respect for the owner of that vehicle.

If you are posting step-by-step pictures, we would encourage you to emphasize the process used, rather than the product(s). This will insure that picture posting will remain on this website. Emphasizing products over process used, raises questions as to whether it is an advertisement.

* picture posting rules were edited on 2/14/07

audiboy
02-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Picture posting will no longer be allowed on Detail City and I am fining each member who has broken our picture posting rules $500.00! :huh: :wow: :passout:

As long as at least 50% of the proceeds go to the "Help audiboy purchase aftermarket parts for his car foundation", I`m all for it. ;)

:lol:

hybrid240zxt
02-22-2007, 10:23 AM
^lol

so does this mean that my company`s logo can be on my pictures along with my avitar?

audiboy
02-22-2007, 10:50 AM
^lol

so does this mean that my company`s logo can be on my pictures along with my avitar?

We still reserve the right to remove posts that we feel were posted for the purpose of advertising.

I believe Troy answered your question.

Beemerboy
02-22-2007, 10:53 AM
^lol

The way that I see it is Troy in concerned with people using this venue as a mode of advertising, such as posting pics of products or their numbers.

Second concern is that we post pics of customers cars with the license plates in full view this is a security issue and liability for this site should someone use that information for their personal use.

It just makes life easier for the site owner

joyriide1113
02-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I`m really diggin` the NEW new NEW DCity! I wanna apologize for a lot of my backlashes I made throughout several threads here and there the last couple of months. I just didn`t feel right with the way things were going.

This last month I`ve seen a stream in different activity along with better more REFINED rules which I agree, make DC a better place.

I think I may once again make DC my homepage...

Beemerboy
02-22-2007, 11:10 AM

Its not? this offence can get you banned in itself

Troy@Protekt
02-22-2007, 02:31 PM
^lol

Sounds like to me your intent is to advertise and that would be against our rules. I would rather you post your pics to show your fellow members what you have been up to, but please don`t try to use this site to advertise your work. You can do that on your own website dedicated to your business.

At the moment we are not enforcing our rule about non-supporting members using a link to their detailing website in their signatures, and we are allowing any member to have a business logo (no product endorsing ones) as their avatar .

In the near future, we will be re-introducing paid memberships that will have added benefits non-supporting members will not have. Advertising your detailing business in your signature and avatar will be among those benefits.

:cheers:

Troy

Troy@Protekt
02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
I`m really diggin` the NEW new NEW DCity! I wanna apologize for a lot of my backlashes I made throughout several threads here and there the last couple of months. I just didn`t feel right with the way things were going.

This last month I`ve seen a stream in different activity along with better more REFINED rules which I agree, make DC a better place.

Glad to hear it, we want DC to be everyone`s home page! :excited:

Its not? this offence can get you banned in itself

I know you are kidding and thats fine, but I really don`t like DC having the reputation that we like to ban people. :(

:dcrules

Beemerboy
02-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Troy

It was a total joke! I know that anyone that spends a week or so here will realize that this is a very well run site!

but your not my home page:D

Troy@Protekt
02-22-2007, 02:40 PM
but your not my home page:D

:boot

:D

Tex Star Detail
02-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Please make checks and money orders out to TexasTB. :excited: