PDA

View Full Version : No Detailing Today!

DLR Detailing
02-13-2007, 05:40 AM
No detailing in this area today! There is roughly 6 inches of snow on the ground already here in Indiana with 20 to 40 mph winds. There is a 2ft + drift in front of my shop doors as I type. Forecast is for an additional 8 to 12 inches by this evening with white-out conditons and major drifting. This is supposed to be the worst blizzard in this area since `99.

Looks like most of the Midwest will be indoors over Valentines Day.:redface:

Dave

Brenton
02-13-2007, 06:57 AM
You enjoy that!
I`d love a blizzard. Here it has just been cold. Not much work lined up this week for whatever reason.

jaybs02
02-13-2007, 07:03 AM
The people in I think it`s Oswego county, have over 11 FEET or is it 12 by now :crazy2:
They won`t be doing any detailing till about april, that is if the town doesn`t float away after everything melts :scared:

Well if your trapped in the house for Valentines day there are other things that you can do ;) :crazy2:

"J"

MagicCity33
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear that. Our weather fluxtuates to much for me. One week we are cold the next week unseasonably warm. We get allot of rain as a matter of fact it storming now and they are predicting severe thunderstorms. Also where I live Tornadoes seem to love to roam through.

audiboy
02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah the South has really unpredictable weather. I`ve often thought that the weathermen/women just throw a dart or spin a wheel to determine what they`ll predict. Sorry to hear about your weather though. Just be thankful you aren`t in the county that Jay mentioned.

Lone_Star
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
That is so true about the south. I went camping one weekend. Friday the weather was 90 and sunny. Saturday got up, and it was 40`s and raining. Sunday got up and it was 20 and snowing. This was in TEXAS, during October.

DLR Detailing
02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Update...4ft + drifts - sustained 35mph wind but it could be much worst. At least we still have power.:bigups 1 hour south of me has been receiving sleet and freezing rain most of the day with snow to follow.:huh:

I understand what you mean by crazy southern weather. I have traveled to and thru Alabama several times. Spring break at Gulf Shores with sweatshirts was not my daughters idea of spending time in a warm climate.:lmfao

Yes, my wife and I will enjoy the time indoors.:D

Dave

RTexasF
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. Our weather fluxtuates to much for me. One week we are cold the next week unseasonably warm. We get allot of rain as a matter of fact it storming now and they are predicting severe thunderstorms. Also where I live Tornadoes seem to love to roam through.

Boy are you right! I lived in B`ham, Jasper, Gadsden, and Hartselle. The weather in B`ham and north can get scary sometimes.

trhland
02-13-2007, 05:30 PM
No detailing in this area today! There is roughly 6 inches of snow on the ground already here in Indiana with 20 to 40 mph winds. There is a 2ft + drift in front of my shop doors as I type. Forecast is for an additional 8 to 12 inches by this evening with white-out conditons and major drifting. This is supposed to be the worst blizzard in this area since `99.

Looks like most of the Midwest will be indoors over Valentines Day.:redface:

Dave
hey do you ever buy anything from carbrite?? there out of indiana i believe

joe.p
02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Update...4ft + drifts - sustained 35mph wind but it could be much worst. At least we still have power.:bigups 1 hour south of me has been receiving sleet and freezing rain most of the day with snow to follow.:huh:

I understand what you mean by crazy southern weather. I have traveled to and thru Alabama several times. Spring break at Gulf Shores with sweatshirts was not my daughters idea of spending time in a warm climate.:lmfao

Yes, my wife and I will enjoy the time indoors.:D

DaveWe feel your pain here in Chicago..My wife went to the store yesterday to stock up on food so we can all have snow day until the storm calms down enough to bring out the snow blower..I`m gonna watch TV and eat the whole day :bigups

DLR Detailing
02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
We feel your pain here in Chicago..My wife went to the store yesterday to stock up on food so we can all have snow day until the storm calms down enough to bring out the snow blower..I`m gonna watch TV and eat the whole day :bigups

Everything is shut down here tomorrow as well. Over 16" with 6-8ft drifts and still coming down. Yeh, I`m gonna put on some weight before this one is over.

trhland
Yes, they are out of Indianapolis. I have used some of their stuff. I picked it up from a friends shop in Lafayette. The truck stopped there every other week. Good stuff, reasonably priced. I haven`t bought anything lately though.

Dave

Poorboy
02-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Ice storm here...the sleet is bouncing off the windows and the bushes too:huh::wow::(:snow:

MagicCity33
02-14-2007, 11:01 AM
We got some sprinkles. (LOL)

28 degrees but nothing sticking. I Guess no snow angels for me this year.