PDA

View Full Version : Butler`s Secret Leather Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

Blink21Me
02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I`ve been wanting to try Butlers Secret Leather Cleaner for quite some time now. I haven`t heard of any detailer`s who have tried this product. I called the number on that website and asked some info. They weren`t able to tell me how long the product has been in the business, and didn`t guarantee how many ounces is in the bottle, guy said 8 oz. but not 100% positive because they are only to take orders for these product. I backed off a bit and decided to ask you guys` opinions. Or, will I be the first one to try it here???

thanks,
Joven

Butler`s Secret Leather Cleaner (http://www.butlerssecret.com/leather/?gclid=CLS93vmmoooCFQ6kWAodgmo4uQ)

4:30 PM CST 02/09/2007 Link to Butler`s Secret Leather Cleaner restored.

CharlesW
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Did you guys read his avatar?
I love it. :D
Did he do that or did one of you mess with him?

Charles

jaybs02
02-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Joven,
I haven`t heard of it but it doesn`t mean that it hasn`t been tried.

There are plenty of quality leather treatments, that members have recomended.
You can check into 4*, pinnacle, lexol, and zaino.
I`m sure you`ll find a number of topics on here about them if you ran a search.

Good luck
"J"

P.S.
The avie rocks :rockon

CalgaryDetail
02-09-2007, 04:54 PM
I dont know the size or how old the company is.. its normaly this is gods gift to man... I guees we will find out the next time he signs on.. and ya i checked out the avatar... really funny

JaredPointer
02-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I called the number on that website and asked some info. They weren`t able to tell me how long the product has been in the business, and didn`t guarantee how many ounces is in the bottle, guy said 8 oz. but not 100% positive because they are only to take orders for these product.

I don`t quite understand this one.

CharlesW
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I don`t quite understand this one.
Typical response he would get from a phone ordering system. The people are just there to take orders and usually don`t know anything about the products.

Charles

JaredPointer
02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical response he would get from a phone ordering system. The people are just there to take orders and usually don`t know anything about the products.

Charles

Well, now I know. And knowing is half the battle. Thanks! :)

Blink21Me
02-10-2007, 04:40 AM
I ran a search on "leather", and "leather cleaner", unfortunately didn`t come up with one helpful thread...

I have used a few leather cleaners out there and has never been impressed with one... A friend just lend me a bottle of Lexol Leather cleaner and a Lexol Conditioner, yet to try it, but he said I would`n`t know how the products perform until a few months after application...

I think I`ll order the Butler`s and try it just to see how good it works. Hope that website isn`t trying to scam people with its contents, plus, it says I can send the product back to them within a year and get a 100% of money back, sounds like a good deal to me...

OT ~ Southpark avie ftw! thanks for liking it!

jaybs02
02-10-2007, 05:48 AM
Blink let us know how you like it.
I`m sure others would be interested as well

"J"

Mr. Clean
02-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I can`t tell about your location, but the "buy 2 get 1 free" brings the deal to a nice price point (I guess, since as you`ve mentioned there is no mention of bottle size - nor do I find S&H costs). You might find a DCer or two in your local area that might be willing to join you in the evaluation of this product. I say local, just to avoid further shipping costs. I don`t know but maybe it`s worth a mention.

audiboy
02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I`d be pretty interested in a review as well. It`s always nice to see and hear about as many products as I can. A well written review can usually influence people on whether or not to give it a try. I know that I have a few products on the list of things to purchase just because of a few reviews that I`ve read on here.

Blink21Me
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I ordered the Buy 2 get 1 free... totaled $34.43 with shipping... I will definitely do a review a few weeks/months after application...

Mr. Clean
02-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Why wait? :) How about an immediate review to describe application experience and initial appearance? That is while it`s fresh in your mind. Just a thought.

CharlesW
02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Why wait? :) How about an immediate review to describe application experience and initial appearance? That is while it`s fresh in your mind. Just a thought.And a follow up after you have formed an opinion on how it performed over time. :)

Charles

Blink21Me
02-11-2007, 02:47 AM
I am always more interested on a product`s performance over time. If something works great but does not last, I tend to be against it, just like when you apply a typical wax right after you dry the car and then it gets evaporated and makes you car dusty after a couple of days...