PDA

View Full Version : Coffee spill on carpet

tguil
02-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I spilled about 1/4 cup of coffee on the grey carpet in my 2007 Dodge Ram. Yep, stuff happens, right? The spill was limited to a small area (the hump of the front floor). Fortunately I had several terry towels in the truck when it happened. I immediately used a dry towel to soak up as much of the spill as possible. I followed up by saturating the area several times with clear cold water soaking it up immediately. When I got home I soaked it with Woolite and let it sit for about five minutes. Then I rinsed it with cool water and again soaked up as much of the moisture as possible.

Do you guys think that all of this will get the job done? I might add that right now the temperature in Nebraska is 6 degrees. My garage is not heated but the temperature usually stays at about 32 degrees. The carpet seems to be drying some already.

Thanks.

Tom :cool:

Troy@Protekt
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Sounds like you caught it right away, so rinsing and extracting it (hopefully the towels will do the job) is all you should have to do.

You should be good to go. I usually don`t take the blame for spills. :notme:

If something spills it`s ALWAYS my kids, my wife or my employees fault. :cool:

:cheers:

Troy

audiboy
02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it sounds like you pretty much got it all.

Beemerboy
02-04-2007, 11:30 AM
If you want to get the carpet to dry faster turn on the floor heater on high and let that run for about 30 minutes or longer, the force of the hot air on the floor will take care of drying it. works for me in the winter

Poorboy
02-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Try not to use too much water in the winter as I have found in the past it can be the beginning of floor board rusting when it can`t really dry well ;)

CharlesW
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Tom:
How is the coffee stain doing?
In the past, I have had pretty good luck with Folex on stains.
I have also used Meguiar`s APC+ (old formula) at 10:1 dilution with some success, but I think the Folex did a better job.
The cold weather can`t be helping you much.

Charles