PDA

View Full Version : Best Products for Black??

Pages : [1] 2 3

stang03
02-01-2007, 08:15 PM
What are the best products for a black car with paint that is in decent shape?? I am wanting the wettest, deepest, glossiest shine there is!!

I have almost all of the PB`s products so let me know!! If there is anything else I need to get let me know as well!!

Thanks
Brent

Beemerboy
02-01-2007, 08:54 PM
What are the best products for a black car with paint that is in decent shape?? I am wanting the wettest, deepest, glossiest shine there is!!

I have almost all of the PB`s products so let me know!! If there is anything else I need to get let me know as well!!

Thanks
Brent

What you have will work as I have about everything that Steve has made.

For super wet looking black I like to use a glaze and then sealant and top with paste wax

My go to combo for this when I have the time is

P-w-C
Fk1 Pink Hand Glaze
Wolfgangs sealant
Nattys

Glaze is what gives the car that wet look but offers no protection to speak of, the sealant brings out the glaze and really makes it come to life and Nattys? what can I say but YEA!!!

audiboy
02-01-2007, 08:56 PM
If you`re looking to stay with PB`s, you should try Natty`s Blue. Pinnacle`s Souveran also looks great on black, but it`s on the expensive side. I`ve heard great things about Wolfgangs Finishing Glaze as a base coat for an LSP, but never used it personally.

budman3
02-01-2007, 09:03 PM
WG Sealant looks great on black:

http://webpages.charter.net/kmford/hl12.jpg
This was just SSR2.5, SSR1, WG Sealant

My advice:
Get the car as defect free as you feel safe doing. Then a glaze, topped with WG sealant, topped with either Natty`s Blue or Souveran a few times.

audiboy
02-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I forgot to mention that process always takes precedent over products. You can make your car look great with average products as long as you have the correct technique. Without it though, even the best products will leave a lot of room for improvement.

lonewolf0420
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
WG Sealant, & Pinnacle Souveran are both sick on black.

Beemerboy
02-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I`m guessing that WG is winning on the sealant, great stuff!

For me a bit pricey but great stuff!!!!

Poorboy
02-01-2007, 11:50 PM

Thanks
Brent

SSR2.5 polishing pad
SSR1 finishing pad
PwC blue hand
EX x 2
Natty Blue spit shined with Spray & Gloss :bigups

Autogeek
02-02-2007, 07:36 AM
SSR2.5 polishing pad
SSR1 finishing pad
PwC blue hand
EX x 2
Natty Blue spit shined with Spray & Gloss :bigups

You missed one step...

SSR2.5 polishing pad
SSR1 finishing pad
PwC blue hand
EX x 2
Natty Blue spit shined with Spray & Gloss
Stand back and drool :bigups

stang03
02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
How about this, might be worth trying?

SSR2.5
SSR 1
PWC Blue
FK1 Pink Hand Glaze
WG Sealant
Natty`s Blue

What ya think? Could I throw EX-P in there at all?

joe.p
02-02-2007, 12:32 PM
How about this, might be worth trying?

SSR2.5
SSR 1
PWC Blue
FK1 Pink Hand Glaze
WG Sealant
Natty`s Blue

What ya think? Could I throw EX-P in there at all?If you go with EX-P you can skip two steps(WG sealant FK1 glaze).

EX-P

Poorboy`s EX-P is a pure sealant that easily brings out the brilliance and clarity of new and well-maintained vehicles. EX-P is an Amino Functional Resin which combines ease of use with unbeatable protection and shine. EX-P can be used in sun or shade.

stang03
02-02-2007, 12:37 PM
If you go with EX-P you can skip two steps(WG sealant FK1 glaze).

EX-P

Poorboy`s EX-P is a pure sealant that easily brings out the brilliance and clarity of new and well-maintained vehicles. EX-P is an Amino Functional Resin which combines ease of use with unbeatable protection and shine. EX-P can be used in sun or shade.

which route would be better?

joe.p
02-02-2007, 01:03 PM
If your unsure split the hood down the center and use WG on one half EX_P on the other ;),both are nice products:bigups

Beemerboy
02-02-2007, 01:12 PM
which route would be better?
Which one would be better is a loaded question…it’s like asking what’s the best car? everyone’s is going to have an opinion about this.

What Joe suggested is about the best thing that you can do, one of each side by side, and then make up your own mind. The funny thing about this car care world and its products is no matter what you like today, some place up the road (no pun) it’s going to change. Of course this is going to be expensive for you and if you don’t like one over the other, and I really doubt that, then you have product that you don’t want.

My thoughts are you can’t go wrong with either EX-P, EX or WG lines they are side by side quality and durability IMO.

JoeD
02-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Try Clearkote Red Moose Glaze as a final Glaze then Pinnacle`s Souveran Paste Wax. JoeD