PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

opufo1
01-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Hello
I have a brand new two weeks old Audi A4; I have water spots on my glass in all windows front back and sides; I had try everything I know; Clay bar, White Vinegar, Auto Glyn Glass Polish, even Ajax and nothing seen to remove these water spots I think an out of products to use; any idea from any member would be greatly appreciated.

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Hello
I have a brand new two weeks old Audi A4; I have water spots on my glass in all windows front back and sides; I had try everything I know; Clay bar, White Vinegar, Auto Glyn Glass Polish, even Ajax and nothing seen to remove these water spots I think an out of products to use; any idea from any member would be greatly appreciated.

On the vinegar, how are you using that? one way is to soak a towel and let set on the window so that it looesen it up then wash off.

A chemical polish is one that would work. Poorboys World one of the sponsors here has one called pro-polsih that would be another and last

FK1 Decontamination wash

Finish Kare FK1 1119 / 883 Paint Decontamination System (http://www.fk1usa.com/decontamination.htm)

Its what I use but this will take off all the product that you have on the car so new wax will be in order.

audiboy
01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
DP makes a glass polish that is formulated to take water spots off of your glass. I`ve used it with great results in the past. It`s not that expensive and a little goes a long way. You can apply it by both hand and machine. It`s still pretty easy to work with by hand, but it`s really easy with a machine polisher. I would try that before a decontamination wash if I were you. If you have the water spots on your paint as well though, you`d might want to really look into some serious paint cleaning. I`ve never used the product that Beemerboy suggested, but I`ve never seen him steer people in the wrong direction. Here is a product that I have used just to give you a few options if your paint is in the same shape as your windows.

ABC Car Wash System - Automotive International (http://autoint.com/autostore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=212)

Here is the link for the DP glass restorer:

DP High Performance Glass Restorer 16 Ounce - Glass & Clear Plastic Care (http://www.detailcity.com/dp-high-performance-glass-restorer.html)

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 05:38 PM
DP makes a glass polish that is formulated to take water spots off of your glass. I`ve used it with great results in the past. It`s not that expensive and a little goes a long way. You can apply it by both hand and machine. It`s still pretty easy to work with by hand, but it`s really easy with a machine polisher. I would try that before a decontamination wash if I were you. If you have the water spots on your paint as well though, you`d might want to really look into some serious paint cleaning. I`ve never used the product that Beemerboy suggested, but I`ve never seen him steer people in the wrong direction. Here is a product that I have used just to give you a few options if your paint is in the same shape as your windows.

ABC Car Wash System - Automotive International (http://autoint.com/autostore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=212)

Here is the link for the DP glass restorer:

DP High Performance Glass Restorer 16 Ounce - Glass & Clear Plastic Care (http://www.detailcity.com/dp-high-performance-glass-restorer.html)

That ABC stuff looks like the same thing as FK1 only a AIO process....you used this much?

I ask as some of the cars that I clean have water spotted window and I have to polish them to get off, its a mess is all and the FK1 takes a long time

Poorboy
01-24-2007, 05:55 PM
I`ve used Pro Polish in the past, but by accident found that Bug Squash was easier. Also, what were you using as a cloth for removal? Try again with a coarse cotton towel with some of the products you already have;)

audiboy
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
That ABC stuff looks like the same thing as FK1 only a AIO process....you used this much?

I ask as some of the cars that I clean have water spotted window and I have to polish them to get off, its a mess is all and the FK1 takes a long time

I`ve used it on two vehicles so far and it`s worked great on both of them. I only use it on vehicles that have really bad water spots on the paint. If they only have water spots on the windows, I just use the DP glass restorer.

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 06:58 PM
I`ve used it on two vehicles so far and it`s worked great on both of them. I only use it on vehicles that have really bad water spots on the paint. If they only have water spots on the windows, I just use the DP glass restorer.

Thanks some of the cars that I get have water spots on the windows, I hate getting to the finial and find that I missed them then have to paste the windows to get those off. I like the FK1 but its time consuming for washing the car.

I think that I will try the bug squash next time and see how that goes

MoparAddict
01-24-2007, 11:28 PM
When i miss water spots on windows at work, I go backand use steel wool with some glass cleaner as lubricate and scrub a lil. 90% of the time they come off. If they are real stubborn ill use a lil laquer thinner. Then go back over it with glass cleaner.
Also what i use on my truck for showes is Bio Clean from P&S (its a paste window cleaner). I put it on a white scotch bright pad and glass cleaner as lubricate, scrub a lil then wipe off then reclean it with just glass cleaner. Comes out crystal clear everytime.

opufo1
01-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys for all the sugestions, I would try all of them until I get rid of these water spots; You know it is strange because I only have water spots on the glass; and a couple on the roof; but I think that the dealer ship polish the car before I got it because it does not make sense to have heavy water spots on the windows and not on the paint.
Thanks again for all the sugestions.

audiboy
01-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, make sure you post pictures of your vehicle. It`s always nice to see a fellow Audi owner, especially one with an A4.