PDA

View Full Version : late to bed early to rise work like hell and advertise advertise advertise!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ShineFX
01-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Who would agree most detailers are obsessed with detailing and not selling!!!!

tbull1
01-24-2007, 02:27 AM
I would agree with that. Don`t detailers really do it for the love of the finished job? The love of the reaction of car owners?
I believe that it is due to the passion of the finished product.

Just my 2 and a half cents. :rockon

Poorboy
01-24-2007, 07:59 AM

Usually for the first 10 years or so, but when you get kids, a mortgage and other expenses your philosphy may change;)

slippy
01-24-2007, 08:56 AM
:lol: :lol: so very true.

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 10:34 AM

Great way to say Hello to the site

Advertising takes $$ and most all start-up business don`t have much capital. if they are serious about their business then they do what they can, but the big splashy ad`s are not with in the budget.

Also this business is based allot on word of mouth

Sheila@detailcity
01-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Usually for the first 10 years or so, but when you get kids, a mortgage and other expenses your philosphy may change;)

Amen to that! :crazy2: :scared:

ShineFX
01-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I think alot of the time FEAR sets in and we dont approach people about our business you should be talking to 20 a day about your business.or you may need to reevaluate your business am in love with detailing or making money.But it should be both My challenge to everyone is to approach 20 people about your business that means hand them a card and get 5 numbers do this everyday and your business will grow and oh yeah dress nice you are a detailer not a hobo.:D

ShineFX
01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
I picked up a gym all the members and staff and grand opening with the mayor coming out and city council setting up a display and OH you better believe they will remember me lol scheming already LOL.Approached 3 people at the grocery store that got out of nice nice cars 2 details out of it. I want to become a selling foooooool.

ShineFX
01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
And this is not my first rodeo i have been detailing for awhile part time and did very well.Selling is the key.

GearHead_1
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Shine, please keep like threads together (i.e. advertising, marketing). People know they responded to a thread but because of the similarity in threads wonder where they`re at.

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 03:31 PM
I think alot of the time FEAR sets in and we dont approach people about our business you should be talking to 20 a day about your business.or you may need to reevaluate your business am in love with detailing or making money.But it should be both My challenge to everyone is to approach 20 people about your business that means hand them a card and get 5 numbers do this everyday and your business will grow and oh yeah dress nice you are a detailer not a hobo.:D

Since you are so new to this site, I`m wondering what your motivation is on these last two threads?

Nothing that you are stating is earth shattering

ShineFX
01-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I guess not for you but if it helps one person sell more details or gain another customer then that is who it is for.

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
And this is not my first rodeo i have been detailing for awhile part time and did very well.Selling is the key.

you know what I think so far of your threads :ra :ra :ra

I`m a sales trainer by trade and you sound like a kid that just sold his first glass of lemonade

GearHead_1
01-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I`ve merged 3 threads into 1, very similar in nature. Shine, I too am waiting for you to say what it is you are hinting at. Where`s the beef?

Beemerboy
01-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I`ve merged 3 threads into 1, very similar in nature. Shine, I too am waiting for you to say what it is you are hinting at. Where`s the beef?

Gear

I feel a spam coming on here