PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s trim restore on the interior

jaybs02
01-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Has anyone tried this?

The car I just pick up seems to have been somewhat neglected on the dash and it has faded slightly, has any one tried using trim restore on the interior to bring back some of the original luster.

Thanks
"J"

Poorboy
01-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Has anyone tried this?

The car I just pick up seems to have been somewhat neglected on the dash and it has faded slightly, has any one tried using trim restore on the interior to bring back some of the original luster.

Thanks
"J"

If I remember correctly, Sean used to use it all the time on the red integra for his interior ...J it is all that is ever used on the show truck with the flames that I detailed at the last detailing day. Just buff it out well with a cotton towel after an hour :)

Beemerboy
01-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
"J"

I have used it on older vinyl and it works great you should buff it as it can get way shinny and in some ways is a dust collector

jaybs02
01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Well I guess if it`s good enough for that flamed out show truck then it should be good enough for my DD.

Thanks Steve

"J"

jaybs02
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I have used it on older vinyl and it works great you should buff it as it can get way shinny and in some ways is a dust collector
Thaks Dave, I like the less glossy appearance of natural look on my interior, but I guess I`ll have to make a sacrafice here and there. I`ll see what happens when it gets buffed out

"J"

Beemerboy
01-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Thaks Dave, I like the less glossy appearance of natural look on my interior, but I guess I`ll have to make a sacrafice here and there. I`ll see what happens when it gets buffed out

"J"

Jay

Just buff the heck out of it and it will be just fine, personally I like the finish. I used NL over the top on an older model and it laid on top just fine.