PDA

View Full Version : Lifted my Jeep this weekend!

LikeaRock
01-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I liked my Jeep before, now I freakin LOVE it! It`s so much fun to drive! I`m gonna let the springs settle for a few weeks then I`ll test er out off road :dnaughty

It`s a 92 Wrangler YJ 2.5 ltr, 5 spd. 4" Rough Country lift on 33" BFG Muds with 15X10" Rockcrawlers

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1777/jeeppics000123ij.jpg

A bit tight, some new shackles and TJ (newer Jeep) flares will fix that
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7219/jeeppics000143vy.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4503/jeeppics000158yo.jpg

One more...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7264/jeeppics000168ft.jpg

I`ve got loads of mods planned :rockon

Dolan

audiboy
01-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Looks pretty good! Do you think you`ll have any rubbing issues when/if it settles? The rears look like they were a pretty tight fit.

Troy@Protekt
01-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Nice jeep. :bigups :love: Makes me miss mine.:passout:

I will own one again here real soon and I`m sure I will be asking you how you did some of your mods.

Wranglers with half doors like yours are the best IMO.

Troy

Poorboy
01-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Nothing like riding high:dnaughty :10: Will the new wheel flares goout further? Many states do not allow the tires to be outside the flares, as rocks kick up. I have heard of people getting tickets.

LikeaRock
01-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Nothing like riding high:dnaughty :10: Will the new wheel flares goout further? Many states do not allow the tires to be outside the flares, as rocks kick up. I have heard of people getting tickets.
I agree, the lift was more for looks than anything. I`ll occasionally wheel, but I just love that lifted/stuffed look :cool:

As for the new flares, I`m debating if I want wide ones or stock TJ flares...Stock TJ flares can be found for about $150/set which isn`t half bad, they give you more clearance than the YJ flares like I have and they look a lot cleaner as well. With stock TJ`s the tires would stick out 3-4" from the flares, less than they do now but still not enough. I like the look of the tires sticking out past the flares but I might go with some larger ones just to avoid fix-it tickets ;)

Scott P
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
With the way I drive, I`d probably tip over in that thing. :) It looks good though. You`d blend in nicely here in Houston with that rig.

Beemerboy
01-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Just make sure that you stay be hide me with that rig, don`t need rocks slinging all over my car.

Nice job Dolan!

doublel
01-23-2007, 02:35 PM
So your biggest detailing product expense is tire dressing. :rofl

Mr. Clean
01-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Fan o` the Jeep :) Do you run with a soft or bikini top during the warmer months?

Agreed on the installation of larger flares. Not a fan of tires sticking way outside of the vehicle`s "body".

How long owned? How many miles? Did you purchase new or used? What has been your maintenance experience?

So your biggest detailing product expense is tire dressing.
:lol:

LikeaRock
01-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Believe it or not tire dressing is already my biggest expense, I like to really slap the stuff on there :bubba

Mr. Clean: I`ve had the Jeep for about 4 months now, before it belonged to my father for 2 years. He just let it sit and got tired of paying the insurance on it so he handed it down to me. My old S-10 Blazer was starting to fail so I was more than happy when he gave me the Jeep. It`s a 92 with the 2.5 cyl 5 spd, 174,000 miles, Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear with a 4:10 LSD. We were told the top end was gone through right before we got it, and although it was hard to believe at the time I think it was, it runs way too strong and smooth to have as many miles as it does. Even with the 33`s on there now it`s not all that slow, and my gas gauge is moving slower than ever! But I attribute that to my light foot, I`ve been taking it easy to make sure nothing goes wrong. Here`s what it looked like right after I got it, looks a LOT different in this pic
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/900/jeeppics000004kj.jpg

When my father got it the clutch needed to be replaced, so it got all new pressure plates, springs, slave cylinder, the whole shot. Soon after he replaced the front rotors and pads along with the rear shoes. New altenator about 6 months ago, I`m about half way done replacing all fluids, and a tune-up will come shortly. It also has a K&N drop-in and I removed the restrictor in the airbox for more airflow. Next week I`m getting a whole new exhaust system too, most likely Magnaflow. I`ve upgraded the audio a bit and I`ve got future plans for it as well. Oh and I replaced the heater core about 3 weeks ago, easy enough job. It`s a blast to drive and easy to work on. If you can understand directions and are even somewhat mechanically inclined you can do just about every repair there is to do on a YJ like mine (YJ`s are 1987-96, the only models with the square headlamps).
It`s a really reliable "little" rig and I plan on keeping it for a long time coming