PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting a Lowe`s.

Pages : [1] 2

rabbi
01-21-2007, 02:15 PM
What is the difference between Lowe`s and Home Depot?

shadybreal
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Not too much. Lowes seems a little cleaner and easier to find things. They`ll both match prices.

jaybs02
01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Home depot has been gearing itself towards the contractor and Lowes has been leaning itself towards the homeowners
I have both by me and I have found myself visiting Lowes much more often.

And it`s not like its just "that particular location" because there are 2 Lowes and about 3-4 HDs within 7 miles of my home.

"J"

TrueDetailer
01-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Home depot has been gearing itself towards the contractor and Lowes has been leaning itself towards the homeowners
I have both by me and I have found myself visiting Lowes much more often.

And it`s not like its just "that particular location" because there are 2 Lowes and about 3-4 HDs within 7 miles of my home.

"J"

Lol thats crazy isn`t it. I got 3 lowes and 2 home depots within 10 miles of me. I don`t get how they can do that and still produce a profit.

jaybs02
01-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I`m sorry I made a mistake, there are 9 Home depots within 10 miles from my house :lol: sad thing is all of them are always busy. A couple were Super HD`s which ment that they were open like 24 hrs a day or just about.

Don`t you get the urge to pick up sheet rock at 3:30 in the morning :rofl

"J"

Jen@autogeek
01-21-2007, 04:43 PM
I`m sorry I made a mistake, there are 9 Home depots within 10 miles from my house :lol: sad thing is all of them are always busy. A couple were Super HD`s which ment that they were open like 24 hrs a day or just about.

Don`t you get the urge to pick up sheet rock at 3:30 in the morning :rofl

"J"

LOL It`s good though when a hurricane is coming. The Home Depots get crazy with people buying plywood. Although I guess you don`t get many of those up in Long Island. :)

Surfer
01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I like Lowes better, cleaner and more organized and easier to find stuff as somebody mentioned.

Jen@autogeek
01-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Surfer, are you following me? ;)

Brace1
01-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Not too much difference, although it seems that Lowe`s sometimes has a little higher-end stuff.

jaybs02
01-21-2007, 06:00 PM
LOL It`s good though when a hurricane is coming. The Home Depots get crazy with people buying plywood. Although I guess you don`t get many of those up in Long Island. :)
We don`t get the hurrincanes like you guys, we get nor`easters.

But thats alright, you can keep them hurricanes. A catagory 4 storm would probably removed us from the map :eek: :lol:

"J"

audiboy
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I think the main difference is that Home Depot only has 20 employee`s nationwide. I can never get any help when I go in there. I find Lowe`s to be cleaner, better organized, and they offer a lot more assistance when you need it.

Surfer
01-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Surfer, are you following me? ;)I swear that wasn`t me in aisle 4 staring at the hot latina ;)

joe.p
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
What is the difference between Lowe`s and Home Depot?A few Dollars and a couple Miles :dnaughty

Jen@autogeek
01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I swear that wasn`t me in aisle 4 staring at the hot latina ;)

lol I like Lowes better too. It`s definitely much cleaner and better organized, but they`re a few dollars more and further away. :) And they sell the PC 7336 unlike Home Depot.

CharlesW
01-21-2007, 09:21 PM
:bigups
It`s good you are getting a Lowe`s, but don`t expect any life changing shopping experinces because of it.
We have a Home Depot and a Menard`s here in Ankeny plus a couple of Lowe`s, and another Home Depot within 10 or 20 miles.
Other than having been able to buy my PC at Lowe`s several years ago, I don`t really see much difference in the three retailers. Prices are pretty comparable.
My personal preferance would be Menard`s, but only because ot the store layout. The areas other than the lumberyard and the landscaping products are displayed in the same basic style as any retail store. Regular shelving rather than the warehouse racking used by Home Depot and Lowe`s.

Charles