PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Info.

sharp94
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Howdie from NE Michigan: I retired from bridgebuilding in the Detroit area a couple years ago and moved the family up to northern michigan (common in michigan), I have a 94 4x4 Sierra Ext. cab SWB 1500. I`ve put a new 350, 4l60e trans 2" cowl hood,sportmirrors,chrome grill surround w/billet insert, chrome bumpers,sleek low profile visor and custom twotone paint (GM 39 Indigo Blue w/ 96 Quicksilver side panels and additional 1/250th silver flake shot over the 96). Winter wheels and tires on now, but have deep dish polished alum. wheels for summer. I heard about your site at Fullsizechevy.com and they were saying some nice things about ya`s. Which gets me to the reason I`am here, I need to learn how to keep this truck looking sharp. Polishing paint,chrome,glass and wheels as well as interior stuff. I know I choose to live on a dirt road ( short but dusty) in an area with hard water, but living next to the lake and having the boat is so nice. Sooo.... I will do all it takes to keep`er clean and I`am glad you guy`s (and girls) are here with the knowledge to help me along. Thank you very much...P.S. I type very very slow, so please understand... Dave

jaybs02
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome Dave :howdy

There is plenty of great info here.
Take a moment and look through the different forums for general stuff and if you still have questions ther`s lots of friendly people that can help.

If you get hung up on any of the acronyms the is a list pinned at the top of many of the forums.

Look forward to seeing pics of your 94

Enjoy your stay
"J"

Beemerboy
01-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Welcome from Sonoma County CA

Great site for learning, use the search feature to look up questions, or just read the treads at hand. You`ll be hooked in no time:wink:

sharp94
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks "J", will do on the forums and I won`t have pics till spring ( lost the pics I had when I redownloaded XP2) and I want ya`s to see it with the nice wheels and shiney...Dave

audiboy
01-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Welcome to DC! I`m sure that you`ll find the members here are very helpful and knowledgeable. I hope you enjoy your stay.