PDA

View Full Version : suggestions?

shadybreal
01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
One of my best customers is a car collector, and he`s got red 66 Corvette he wants detailed before taking it to a car show/auction on Wednesday. The car sits in a big garage w/ a cover on it, so it really doesn`t need too much. I was thinking of just QD to get the dust off, clay if needed, then using my new PwS. Any other suggestions? Would you top w/ anything (maybe PB quick wax +) Thanks!

rabbi
01-20-2007, 02:42 PM
For the topper I`d go Spray and Gloss at least twice but I haven`t used the quick wax +.

shadybreal
01-20-2007, 03:17 PM
For the topper I`d go Spray and Gloss at least twice but I haven`t used the quick wax +.

It don`t have it. I know it`s something everyone should have. What are some good toppers OTC that I can get by Tuesday?

Poorboy
01-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I`d say the PwS will be more than enough, then use any QD if needed.

gator1
01-20-2007, 03:32 PM
It don`t have it. I know it`s something everyone should have. What are some good toppers OTC that I can get by Tuesday? I have a few coustmers that have show cars,and when I have to get them ready for shows it get a littel more complex then just dust and wax job. I have to do the top side and alll of the bottom chasi. these car get judge hard they use mirrows to check the bottom side as well. This is if the vehcle is going to be judge. good luck !

dr_detail
01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
At the very least, I`d apply a wax -- if for nothing else the visual effect for the customer. When I did the winning 99 Pebble beach vehicle, it got a full blown exterior polish, seal, & glaze by machine, then by hand. IMO, on a show car, even beter than wax is an application of a glaze -- something along the lines Meg`s #7, 3M IHG, or Auto Magic BC2 has always brought me good results. and don`t undersell yourself on the job -- this is a show piece that could bring you more work.