PDA

View Full Version : Firehose nozzle two pack at SAMs club

Pages : [1] 2

mix300
01-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Just picked up a nice two pack at sams for 20.00.

jaybs02
01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a great deal. How is the quality of the nozzle?

"J"

AL-53
01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Bonnaire was the first to bring that type nozzle to market..and alot followed...they make them with aluminum body and stainless bodies....I have both and are very good quality..I have run mine over so many times..and not a scratch on it and works like new...

they are worth the 20.00 ..I use a shut off behind it so i do not have to turn it to shut it off...but the variations of water flow is nice..from a power stream to a flooding mode to rinse off soap....

that is a good deal..and I see one has a handle..thats new..never seen that before...

some like them some do not..I do..

Al

Beemerboy
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Are these two way shut offs I ask this because I got one at Lowe`s that looked just like my Craftsmen and it only shuts off in one direction..meaning that if I want low pressure I have to go all the way back to high pressure to get it to turn off. I have it in the back yard for washing down the cement.

My Craftsmen is the best nozzle that I have ever used hands down

AL-53
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Beemer...yes they are 2 way shut offs...last year at sears they had the nozzles on close out at end of season..I looked at them...they look just like the bonaire...so close I would say they came from same place..lol.

the 2 way shut off is a must...I have another nozzle like these that pushes in to shut off..out to spray...it is nice...I think it is made by Gilmor....

Al

Beemerboy
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Beemer...yes they are 2 way shut offs...last year at sears they had the nozzles on close out at end of season..I looked at them...they look just like the bonaire...so close I would say they came from same place..lol.

the 2 way shut off is a must...I have another nozzle like these that pushes in to shut off..out to spray...it is nice...I think it is made by Gilmor....

Al

Thanks then that`s a good deal

audiboy
01-17-2007, 09:55 PM
My Craftsmen is the best nozzle that I have ever used hands down

I have that nozzle as well and I love it. Great build quality and excellent performance.

derekbmw
01-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Craftsman 69040 Hoze Nozzle at Sears.com (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=07169040000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes)
is this the craftsman you are talking about?

audiboy
01-17-2007, 10:00 PM
That would be the one.

rabbi
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
A firehose nozzle. A foamgun. Where and or when does it end?

audiboy
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
A firehose nozzle. A foamgun. Where and or when does it end?

I couldn`t tell you. I own both. :lol:

Beemerboy
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Craftsman 69040 Hoze Nozzle at Sears.com (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=07169040000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes)
is this the craftsman you are talking about?

That`s the one that I have and I got mine at Orchard Supply about 20 something as I remember...worth every penny

Beemerboy
01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
I couldn`t tell you. I own both. :lol:

I really don`t use my foam gun that much, seems to be more a hassle to setup than I want to go threw. However for washing large trucks and the likes of that and the house its the bomb

Mr. Clean
01-18-2007, 02:49 PM
You`re right. It (foam gun) does add a bit of extra time to the process, but once I used mine (thanks Steve), I hate not to use it. If there were an improvement it would be the ability to rinse with the same efficiency as with my fireman`s (I have the Bionnarie branded aluminum) nozzle. Even with the quick connects, swapping between the two adds even more time to the process.

Where it can be a timesaver is when working on a really dirty vehicle. Adding an ounce or so of PB`s Bug Squash to the soap really seems to help cut through the grime which reduces the number of passes you make with your wash medium which reduces (eliminates) the introduction of additional surface marring which reduces the amount of polishing (correction) time spent.

For clarification:
I use my foam gun as a "pre-wash" in conjunction with a multi-bucket hose wash. I know there are those who use the foam gun exclusively without the additional wash bucket.

Beemerboy
01-18-2007, 03:19 PM
You`re right. It (foam gun) does add a bit of extra time to the process, but once I used mine (thanks Steve), I hate not to use it. If there were an improvement it would be the ability to rinse with the same efficiency as with my fireman`s (I have the Bionnarie branded aluminum) nozzle. Even with the quick connects, swapping between the two adds even more time to the process.

Where it can be a timesaver is when working on a really dirty vehicle. Adding an ounce or so of PB`s Bug Squash to the soap really seems to help cut through the grime which reduces the number of passes you make with your wash medium which reduces (eliminates) the introduction of additional surface marring which reduces the amount of polishing (correction) time spent.

For clarification:
I use my foam gun as a "pre-wash" in conjunction with a multi-bucket hose wash. I know there are those who use the foam gun exclusively without the additional wash bucket.

Thanks those are great tips. I don`t really see that many super dirty cars / trucks here, not the ones that I am doing.

I have found various things that I love it for..I took it to the local fire station here and showed them, after I saw them out front washing an engine down with a bucket and a brush on a pole...Stopped in and said lets hook this up, those guys where amazed so I gave them AG addy...few weeks later they had one...LOL