PDA

View Full Version : Carnu-B? Anyone used it?

Jngrbrdman
01-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I`m sure Poorboy knows about these guys. I saw them at a recent trade show that I was doing some marketing for another company at. Typically I`m not impressed by slick salesmen at these shows, but it was after the show was closed and we were just shooting the breeze over by his booth talking about car care products. He didn`t say a single bad word about anyone else`s product and he didn`t once say his was the best evaaar. That earned him some points in my book. Beyond that, I found that his product really was impressive. It is a liquid carnauba wax that he claims will last 6 months. I don`t know about that, but I can say it was pretty slick looking. He demonstrated how you can apply it to the paint and then buff it off with your bare hands. That was interesting, but what was really cool was how by doing that, he effectively hid just about every swirl mark in the paint. I understand why that happened, but it was still cool. I haven`t ever seen a liquid wax that you can buff off with your hand and not have it just turn into a smeary streaky mess. I don`t intend to use it to hide swirls, but wow... what a plus this would be for a show car that is under extreme lighting conditions, eh?

I haven`t had a chance to put it to the test yet, but I have plans to try it out on a few different cars to see what I think. I haven`t written up a product review for quite awhile, so I figured this might be a good time to start up again. :) I was really impressed with the product based on what the developer was able to tell me about it and what I observed. I asked him questions about the contents of this product that the average Joe most likely wouldn`t have asked, and he answered all my questions satisfactorily. So far I have no reason to suggest you stay away from it. I got two bottles along with a bottle of the shampoo for $25 bucks, so worst case scenario is I got some cheap product. I`m looking forward to seeing how it works.

Carnu-b auto detailing wax. Detailing products for auto, boat, marine, and aircraft. The best car wax available. (http://www.carnu-b.com/)

cwcad
01-12-2007, 09:01 AM
I look forward to your cogent comments and review.

Mikeyc
01-12-2007, 09:26 AM
You can buff it off with your hands? I guess that`s pretty convenient if you can`t find a towel. I wonder if your hands get all oily or have residue on them afterward.

CalgaryDetail
01-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I look forward to hearing your review. I love revies so it will b nice to read another one

Jngrbrdman
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
He showed me the difference between buffing it off with your hands or diaper cloth compared to using a microfiber, and I was surprised. The microfiber did too good of a job removing the swirl hiding properties from the swirls. When be buffed it down with his hand it didn`t remove those fillers. I asked how long those fillers would stay there and he indicated that they would remain for a couple weeks as long as you let the wax cure properly first. It isn`t a permenant solution to swirls, but it is an awesome solution when you need your car to be swirlfree right now and you still have a few minor ones plaging you. I`m going to do some side by side appearance tests with the popular carnaubas as well as with some sealants, so we`ll see if this product is a contender or just another interesting wax with a unique feature.

wannafbody
01-12-2007, 06:10 PM
sounds as if it would be an interesting product to use as a glaze-maybe under EX with carnauba

Jngrbrdman
01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I`m not sure that it would even need to have anything layered on top of it. It seems to be a pretty sharp looking product. I`ll know more when I have a chance to side by side test it.

wannafbody
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I`m not sure that it would even need to have anything layered on top of it. It seems to be a pretty sharp looking product. I`ll know more when I have a chance to side by side test it.

It depends on what the carnauba is mixed with. If it`s a poly/carnauba blend then it would probably work fine on its own. If it`s a carnauba/beewaxblend or parrafin blend then topping it with a poly/carnauba would yield better durability.

maddawg0
07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Ive actually owned two bottles, and im almost out of the last one and need to buy more... its chuffing magic, i do detailing on the side as a hobby and sometimes to specialty cars for some money but for the most part i admire cars and their paint jobs.

And i saw this at a fair grounds and watched the guy take spray paint off, but the big thing was the fact it took water marks and years of oxidation off boggled my mind, because for me or many of us, we have to get some harsh abrasive polish to get that stuff out but you also risk damaging the clear coat on the paint. I been looking for on the market for something none abrasive that got that stuff out and i found it...

Have to warn you, i got an 11year old toyota camry thats never been garaged kept, it has 11 years of water marks and some oxidation on it, and i only got to practice with the driver door, the hood and some of the fenders, it took me like several weeks just to do that, and i have to warn you, although it doesnt damage your paint, to get the hard core water marks out of the paint, be prepared to apply this stuff 5-15 times on the paint, so i recommend a buffing machine because it gets old polishing the same spot with your hands for an hour.

maddawg0
07-17-2007, 07:24 PM
the wax quality is very much like Maguires wax, just minus the fillers Maguires uses in its formula, you can apply it to windows, which is a good rain-x window protectant substitute, also faded and warn out head lights it can help with (if you have time) ive also used it around the house on stirling faded silver, bronze, copper, hardwood floor (i dont recommend that inless you want to kill somebody)

But seriously, i owned these bottles in the first 3 months and thought to myself the first time i applied it and thought "wow, its just a wax, what a waist of time"... but then i applied it 3-5 times on the trunk of my car that looked normal to me, and all of a sudden i saw a very clear deep color paint that ive never seen before, and i started messing around with it then and found out even on the hardest to get off water marks and road wear, give yourself some time and polishing power, it gets it out.

this stuff gets road tar and and adhesive!!! someone played a prank on my car not long ago and put sticky tampax all over the windows and paint, thank goodness i waxed it, it didnt stick cept for the glass that i didnt wax, and impossible to get off adhesive.. 3M adhesive remover couldnt get it off, so i brought this carnub stuff out, and in one little dab, it was all gone, and my whole window was waxed....

So i give this a big :rockon :yay :10: :love: :bow rating and recommend it to someone, goto a fair and find one of those guys or go on ebay and save 10$ from the carnub website and get some of their polish, it rocks!

ThEGuN1
08-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the review:)

PA DETAILER
08-18-2007, 09:32 PM
mmmm...sounds interesting. yet another new product i have to try.

ThEGuN1
08-19-2007, 02:21 AM
I have used the product and it seems to work as a cleaner type of wax. I mean I like the banana smell and all but I would wonder if it would harm the paint in the long run. I have two bottles I am testing out btw.

RANDAL
08-19-2007, 08:07 AM
I also got 2 bottles at the Iowa state fair where he/they were demoing on a trailer. It took of frwsh spray paint am
nd permanent marker, on a surface that had probably 100 layers of wax, unless he removed it with the rubbing alcohol that he had there. I used it on my rusted out 1988 ford pickup that has been outside since Sept 2000, Ive buffed it 2 times since then with different products to remove oxidation. I was to have a truck to detail on thursday but it was broke down, so I hit mine with this stuff both by hand and ratary. I did NOT dry the vehicle other than let the water run off and the ceiling fan blow some off. It removed the water trails, Not covering them up! Removed oxidation and made my vehicle a lot darker in the process. I missed a spot around and antenna with the rotary, and ther e was quite a difference. Dony know if I will use it on the 2006 trailblazer or others vehicles the are that new, but probably a 2000 Lincoln LS and my 1996 pickup. Maybe this isnt much info and to long but I liked what it did. Ill probably top it with some NATTYS RED when I use it next time. RANDAL