PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Sealer & Glaze vs. Meg`s #7

IronChef
08-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Since the choice of decent detailing supplies is so limited here in Toronto and it`s takes a bit for mail-order, just wonedring if someone can offer a little opinion on these two products.

Mother`s calls it`s polish "Sealer and Glaze"... now does it have any better longevity properties (under Meg`s #26 or Gold Class Wax) than say Meg`s #7.

In other words, is it more of a sealant than #7 Show Car Glaze?

Thanks.

Boss_429
08-17-2003, 10:27 AM
IronChief,

Been a while since I`ve used Mother`s S & G, and to be honest I didn`t use it much, as I always liked the #7 better. Still, both products are pretty much oils and fillers, and neither one adds much durability to the top coat. Both are designed to fill, and add some gloss.

In the end, I`m sure you`ll be happy with either, and I would definetely use one or the other under the #26 or GC.

Good luck

ACE
08-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Mothers SG is not a sealer like Klasse or Zaino. You must wax over it to get any protection. If it makes you feel any better, the Mothers pure liquid carnuba wax was very highly rated in a recent publication rating almost every major wax on the market.

Larry A
08-17-2003, 08:30 PM
The Mothers Sealer and Glaze leaves a finish similar to Meg. #7 and I.H.G. The difference is that Mothers is faster and easier.

NattyBumppo
08-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Larry A
The Mothers Sealer and Glaze leaves a finish similar to Meg. #7 and I.H.G. The difference is that Mothers is faster and easier.

Agreed. I still think #7 is the mother of all glazes for wetness and depth of finish but the Mother SG comes pretty close. Like LarryA said the Mothers is way easier to use which, IMO, gives it the nod.

You may want to considfer Meg`s Hand Polish (I think it is #81). Lots of people seem to prefer it over #7 both in look and ease of use.

Natty

tommyboy70
08-18-2003, 01:27 PM
I have used mothers sealer and glaze with the pure carnabu over it for years with great results. Just doesnt last long:rolleyes: