PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of the "New" Detail City

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jdoria
01-05-2007, 04:24 PM
It seems things are changing at Detail City.

Am I correct in stating that we are not allowed to post pictures of cars we work on that we do not own?

Beemerboy
01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
It seems things are changing at Detail City.

Am I correct in stating that we are not allowed to post pictures of cars we work on that we do not own?

Well if that is the case we are all in big trouble....If I post any cars that I work on then I make sure that I do not post there license plates only for there safety.

Not been able to post other cars, ones that you don`t own is a new one on me

TrueDetailer
01-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Read the rules on picture posting. Lots of things have changed around here since i first joined. You find less new threads, alot of the regulars have stopped posting, Show off pics are no more. But, its only a website.

Surfer
01-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I like this website but weird I can go away for a couple days and check for new post and theres like only 4 or 5 new post, yet at the same time will show dozens of online members right then:confused: , seems this boards has a good number of memebers, not sure why its so slow? AG would have page, after page, after page if I was away for a few days, Autopia is a little different in thats a given with how large it is.

jdoria
01-05-2007, 04:47 PM
How about the fact that Detail City sells detailing products yet Jason and Jen from Autogeek are forum leaders?

Am I missing something?

Surfer
01-05-2007, 04:48 PM
How about the fact that Detail City sells detailing products yet Jason and Jen from Autogeek are forum leaders?

Am I missing something?Well their sponsers....unless I misunderstood what you meant?

jdoria
01-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I know that they are sponsors.

But my business common sense tells me you don`t let a rooster in the hen house.

jdoria
01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
So the picture posting restriction is valid?

TrueDetailer
01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I know that they are sponsors.

But my business common sense tells me you don`t let a rooster in the hen house.

Well they pay a sponser fee so, you know the saying. Money talks BS walks.

jdoria
01-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Peanut sponsor fees are going to cover it, not while there is product rotting in your warehouse?

Unless......hmmmmm????

The Fuzz
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I like this website but weird I can go away for a couple days and check for new post and theres like only 4 or 5 new post, yet at the same time will show dozens of online members right then:confused: , seems this boards has a good number of memebers, not sure why its so slow? AG would have page, after page, after page if I was away for a few days, Autopia is a little different in thats a given with how large it is.

We average 75-125 new posts each day. Not sure where you are getting 4-5 posts a day.

Click Forums > scroll down > view these stats each day if you want to see accurate numbers.

DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing Enthusiast Forum Statistics
Threads: 18,455, Posts: 191,939, Members: 7,388
Welcome to our newest member, Charisma

Easy as that!

The Fuzz
01-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Well their sponsers....unless I misunderstood what you meant?

I have no idea what he is talking about either.

Poorboy
01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
So the picture posting restriction is valid?

I think Troy was thinking it over. It was stopped due to abuse(shilling of products) and possible legal problems. If you are tactful and probably don`t make a daily or hourly practice of it, it probably will not be deleted.
Troy , remember is a detailer himself and I`ve encouraged him to show his work :)

The Fuzz
01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Peanut sponsor fees are going to cover it, not while there is product rotting in your warehouse?

Unless......hmmmmm????

What are you talking about?

jdoria
01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
So we can post pics?

I really dont want to go through the effort of posting all that text and pics if its going to get deleted.