PDA

View Full Version : DurrMaid Spotter/Extractor problem

DLR Detailing
01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
This question is for DurrMaid Spotter/Extractor owners.

Has anyone experienced pump problems with their unit? If so, where did you find a replacement part?
Mine is leaking water to the point of rendering it useless.:confused: I have searched extensively online and have looked locally without luck so far. While I am currently waiting on a response from the manufacturer, I thought I would run this past everyone here at DC.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Dave

DLR Detailing
01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Bump

The physical size of this pump is approx. 2"x4". There isn`t much space available to retrofit another model. I was going to go down that path but ran out of road :). I have looked into some agriculture chemical sprayer pumps as a possibility, but I am unable to verify application compatibility due to the temperature requirements. I am also finding out that most pumps of this physical size are 12v. :confused:

Does anyone know if the Aztec extractor & the DurrMaid model were/are built by the same company?

Thanks,
Dave

DLR Detailing
01-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Update

Parts are still available from the manufacturer for the older models.:cool:

CharlesW
01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
It looks like you had to help yourself.:)
Unfortunately, not too many of us have extractors let alone a specific brand.
Obviously, the extractor is out of the reach of us hobby detailers and I don`t think very many of the mobile guys carry them.
While it doesn`t do nearly as thorough a job, the "surface cleaning" with a carpet cleaner and a brush used with a good vacuum seems to work for many of us. It does for me.
Glad you found a solution to your problem.

Charles

budman3
01-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I think there were 2-3 members that had the Durrmaid extractors. I was thinking about getting one if I got detailing on a steady basis, but as Charles said it`s not a possibility for a lot of people. It stinks that you can`t get your questions answered personally by someone here but atleast you got an answer... and if I get serious about buying one I know who to talk to now.

CharlesW
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
It stinks that you can`t get your questions answered personally by someone here
The real reason I posted was to kind of apologize for Dave not getting any response.
It is a bummer when it happens, but sometimes many of us just don`t know the answer and the ones that might don`t see the question.

Charles

trhland
01-06-2007, 06:37 AM
sorry to hear abour your problems .i have one and love it no problems at all. contact durrmaid and see about a replacement part

DLR Detailing
01-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks guys for your concern, but no need to apologize. I realized that I wasn`t going to receive 100 replys to this one.:) Not everyone has one.

I was just becoming somewhat frustrated not being able to find a replacement part. I actually recieved information that it was no longer made by the pump supplier. I had spent many hours searching and re-searching for a solution. I though that perhaps someone may have had the same problem along the way.

I guess due to some fluke - my attempts to contact the manufacturer were unsuccessful. Finally, the technology "gods" smiled upon me and a new pump is on its way!

Thanks again.
Dave