PDA

View Full Version : PB PwC (mist application?)

shadybreal
01-02-2007, 12:10 PM
The Poorboy`s polish w/ carnuba is a pretty thin liquid so I was wondering if any of you have tried to apply it using a spray bottle set on the mist setting? I love using the polish for my wash and wax package, but it seems to take a little longer to apply it because of picking up the bottle and putting it down over and over again. With the misting method you could walk down the side of the vehicle and mist it on each panel then go back and rub it in. I currently use Megs Final touch detailing spray on my Quik Shine package and misting it on the panels (if not too hot) works great. Any thoughts?

Beemerboy
01-02-2007, 12:36 PM
The Poorboy`s polish w/ carnuba is a pretty thin liquid so I was wondering if any of you have tried to apply it using a spray bottle set on the mist setting? I love using the polish for my wash and wax package, but it seems to take a little longer to apply it because of picking up the bottle and putting it down over and over again. With the misting method you could walk down the side of the vehicle and mist it on each panel then go back and rub it in. I currently use Megs Final touch detailing spray on my Quik Shine package and misting it on the panels (if not too hot) works great. Any thoughts?

I don`t think that it will work to thick IMO

I put mine in a ketchup style squeeze bottle and it comes out very easy, and I can go down the side of a car with the PC or by hand quite quickly.

shadybreal
01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I don`t think that it will work to thick IMO

I put mine in a ketchup style squeeze bottle and it comes out very easy, and I can go down the side of a car with the PC or by hand quite quickly.

I`ve got the little squeeze bottles w/ the pointed top w/ a small hole so I`ve been holding the tip against the car and running a small line down the side of the vehicle then coming back w/ the PC. With PwC is it okay to spread it around w/ the PC off then work it in at 4 or 5 then remove?

Poorboy
01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
It`s an interesting idea and I can`t say I`ve tried it, but you will get a similar results by using QW+ which is meant for spraying :)

Big Leegr
01-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I`ve got the little squeeze bottles w/ the pointed top w/ a small hole so I`ve been holding the tip against the car and running a small line down the side of the vehicle then coming back w/ the PC.
You aren`t actually touching the paint when you do this, though, right?

With PwC is it okay to spread it around w/ the PC off then work it in at 4 or 5 then remove?
Yep. This works.

shadybreal
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM
You aren`t actually touching the paint when you do this, though, right?

Only very lightly so that the liquid doesn`t miss the car and fall to the ground.

Poorboy
01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
You`re probably better off applying it either to the PC pad or if you are doing it by hand, the applicator pad :)

shadybreal
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
You`re probably better off applying it either to the PC pad or if you are doing it by hand, the applicator pad :)

It just seems a lot slower having to keep putting on polish 4 or 5 times per side or roof and hood.

CalgaryDetail
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Only very lightly so that the liquid doesn`t miss the car and fall to the ground.

:confused::confused::confused::surrender:wall:(
ok now that im done wit the smilies, i would stop this pactice, even if you are doing it lighlty you still run the risk of scartchin paint.
I would apply it to the pad, or applicator then appy that to the car, this way you wont scratch but you wil still get the product on without spilling it.

shadybreal
01-03-2007, 02:17 PM
ok now that im done wit the smilies, i would stop this pactice, even if you are doing it lighlty you still run the risk of scartchin paint.
I would apply it to the pad, or applicator then appy that to the car, this way you wont scratch but you wil still get the product on without spilling it.

Apply entire side w/ applicator then work in w/ PC? Sound right?

Beemerboy
01-03-2007, 02:39 PM

I`ve been doing this as a practice for some time where as I do not run a line down the side of the car. while using the PC I dab a spot on the side of the car and hit that with the PC all in one motion. I`ve yet to see any marrying of any sort with this method but I`m pretty careful

shadybreal
01-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I`ve been doing this as a practice for some time where as I do not run a line down the side of the car. while using the PC I dab a spot on the side of the car and hit that with the PC all in one motion. I`ve yet to see any marrying of any sort with this method but I`m pretty careful

What do you dab it w/?