PDA

View Full Version : I Give Up On Other Forums

Pages : [1] 2 3

Beemerboy
12-31-2006, 12:45 PM
OK this is a bit of a rant, but I give up on offering advice about paint and interior care on other non-detail forums.

I post on three other sites related to BMW`s (go figure) and every time I post about, what to me and most here would seem pretty main stream, to others they think that I am suggesting that you wash the car in paint stripper acid.

Heaven`s sake I mention clay, that stuff takes your clear coat off.

If you want to remove swirls, a light cut polish with a foam pad to see how that looks to start.

No someone chimes in with you need number 75 grit compound with a Brillo pad applicator...WHAT?????

Foggy head lights? you have to replace those, no one can sand them down, polish and make them clear again....its magic I tell ya

The next time someone ask how to get clean windows, I`m going to suggest replacement, because Stoners IV with a MF towel seems to be only something that NASA can afford.

And while I`m at it the only way to get rug car mates clean is in the dish washer (regular setting) I kid you not on this one!

OK I`m done ranting, you can add yours here if you like of the things that you have read on other forums

Lastly I thank DC for a place that I can make suggestions, where a coat of paste wax offer more protection that Pledge

Poorboy
12-31-2006, 12:54 PM
OK this is a bit of a rant, but I give up on offering advice about paint and interior care on other non-detail forums.

I post on three other sites related to BMW`s (go figure) and every time I post about, what to me and most here would seem pretty main stream, to others they think that I am suggesting that you wash the car in paint stripper acid.

Heaven`s sake I mention clay, that stuff takes your clear coat off.

If you want to remove swirls, a light cut polish with a foam pad to see how that looks to start.

No someone chimes in with you need number 75 grit compound with a Brillo pad applicator...WHAT?????

Foggy head lights? you have to replace those, no one can sand them down, polish and make them clear again....its magic I tell ya

The next time someone ask how to get clean windows, I`m going to suggest replacement, because Stoners IV with a MF towel seems to be only something that NASA can afford.

And while I`m at it the only way to get rug car mates clean is in the dish washer (regular setting) I kid you not on this one!

OK I`m done ranting, you can add yours here if you like of the things that you have read on other forums

Lastly I thank DC for a place that I can make suggestions, where a coat of paste wax offer more protection that Pledge

and what`s wrong with Pledge :bubba:lol::rofl

Mr. Clean
12-31-2006, 01:19 PM
and what`s wrong with Pledge :bubba:lol::rofl

Don`t forget olive oil :)

Kelso
12-31-2006, 01:32 PM
i really do understand...i try to hit the show and shine section of BF.c when i go on there and theres only like 2 or 3 guys who know there stuff.i try not to be an ass but theres so many dumb comments

Troy@Protekt
12-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Don`t give up. The good advice is followed by the smart ones out there.

It does make you shake your head quite a bit though.

:dcrules

Tex Star Detail
12-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I remember when I worked at a used car dealership, the owner told me to pour tranny fluid on the hood and rub it in......lmao

Poorboy
12-31-2006, 03:32 PM
I remember when I worked at a used car dealership, the owner told me to pour tranny fluid on the hood and rub it in......lmao

don`t laugh, i had an employee 20 years ago who bought a shiny VW until he washed it and all the tranny fluid washed off and the car had little to no paint :eek: it`s an old trick :mad:

Tex Star Detail
12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
don`t laugh, i had an employee 20 years ago who bought a shiny VW until he washed it and all the tranny fluid washed off and the car had little to no paint :eek: it`s an old trick :mad:

I know. Some dealerships are very shady.
Spray paint the engine with clear spray paint, spray paint the door jambs clear,
Stains in the carpet? Forget the $1400 new extractor in the corner...paint the carpet black!
Check engine, airbag light on? Take apart the cluster and remove the light or black out the light........:eek: :eek: I kid you not!

jaybs02
12-31-2006, 03:45 PM
Don`t give up Dave, that`ll only mean that we let the unknowing win.

It can be difficult but in the long run, you`ll be able to help 1 or 3 keep their cars looking great for a long time.

Happy New Year
"J"

Shaun Carollo
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh man do I know what you mean..right now I`m in an argument with a 60 year old gentleman who has "status" on the cadillac forums by using pledge and dove soap on a 16 year old car with 10,000 miles. Sometimes you just gotta know when to give up with these guys.

sneek
12-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I know. Some dealerships are very shady.
Spray paint the engine with clear spray paint, spray paint the door jambs clear,
Stains in the carpet? Forget the $1400 new extractor in the corner...paint the carpet black!
Check engine, airbag light on? Take apart the cluster and remove the light or black out the light........:eek: :eek: I kid you not!

Don`t a lot of detailing shops "dye" the carpet.

also don`t forget the old can of "no smoke" before the inspection and test drive.

JohnZ3MC
12-31-2006, 04:46 PM
You`re right Dave,
Quite a few ask for advice but don`t follow it and haven`t discovered the `search` function yet.

There are always some that amaze me though, like the 13 year old that detailed his mom`s car and did a wonderful job. Even more surprising was the fact that the little fellow was a very good speller and had quite wonderful grammar as well. Quite a little trooper.

I`ll continue to try to help, after all, that`s how I met you and you`re a quality guy.
-John C.

CharlesW
12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Sometimes you just gotta know when to give up with these guys.
You have it figured out pretty well.
When people have it in their head that their way is the only way, it`s usuallybest to just walk away.

Charles

harry444
12-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Then theres the "old saw dust in the rear end trick"

Kelso
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
wait...what does tranny fluid do? never heard of that trick?