PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard recommendations???

JaCkaL829
12-30-2006, 06:51 PM
I`m wondering if anyone can recommend me a good snowboard setup? I`ve done it once or twice in past years, and plan on going at least 3 times this winter. I really didn`t have any intention to buy my own full setup, but it`s kinda like a one thing lead to another. My family got a "pass" to go three times in a somewhat park, so I had just figured I can borrow my friend`s bro`s board. Now I really don`t wanna be a jerk and "take" his since he just got new boots and the times he goes most likely will be the times we go since the weather has been so bad and everyone works normal M-F jobs. I ended up "leasing" a pair of boots at a local shop per my friend at work`s advice. Since I already paid for half of them I`ll most likely keep them and lose my $40 deposit. I`m now interested in finding a somewhat good snowboard and bindings. Ideally I`d like to get something from last season but still new so the price will be lower. I`m just curious if anyone can recommend me anything in terms of brands and bindings? I`m working tommorow with this guy who`s been snowboarding for years, I`m hoping he give me some feedback on what`s good and what`s crap. I`m probably overresearching this, but it looks like I`ll be spending around $350. Any recommendations for places to go online would be great. I believe my local sport`s authority and princeton ski shop are going to be having sales tommorow since the wash out weather, so I`ll probably check them out. I just did a quick ebay search on "snowboard 155cm" and found a couple that looked decent for pretty cheap so who knows. :confused:

Thanks in Advance :)

edit: I`m looking for a basic setup for me to learn on and to be able to get me down the hill, nothing fancy for tricks. Right now I`m eyeing the K2 Dart, my friend owned for the past 5-6 years and seems to be satisfied with it.

Poorboy
12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I believe there is a big winter sale by Giants stadium this weekend ..you might want to try there :)

Shaun Carollo
12-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Normally I don`t think you would be able to find any of last years models this late in the season, but due to the weather things may be different. If your fully grown, make sure your board comes up to your nose, if your not fully grown buy something you can grow into. Try your local play it again sports and buy something that was really good two or three years ago. I have had 6 snowboard setups from $250 all the way up to $1200 and the differences are night and day; same with bindings and boots A used board may have scratches on it, but will perform MUCH better than any board set up you will be able to get for $350 all together. If you should have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Shaun

Pockets
12-31-2006, 07:43 PM
Dont get step in bindings they are terrible. Go with Burton or Salomin board.

JaCkaL829
12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
I believe there is a big winter sale by Giants stadium this weekend ..you might want to try there :)

Actually that sale was in the beginning of December and from what I`ve seen/heard the sales aren`t too great for boards/bindings.

JaCkaL829
12-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Normally I don`t think you would be able to find any of last years models this late in the season, but due to the weather things may be different. If your fully grown, make sure your board comes up to your nose, if your not fully grown buy something you can grow into. Try your local play it again sports and buy something that was really good two or three years ago. I have had 6 snowboard setups from $250 all the way up to $1200 and the differences are night and day; same with bindings and boots A used board may have scratches on it, but will perform MUCH better than any board set up you will be able to get for $350 all together. If you should have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Shaun

I`ve been looking online and ebay and haven`t had the greatest results. Luckily my friend from work is going to help me get setup, I guess you can call him a "DCer" of snowboards as he`s been doing it for 10+ years. He was telling me to today about a small shop that will most likely have older season boards/bindings for cheaper. He said I should be able to get something pretty good for around $250-300. He also told me to focus on getting better bindings then board as he said bad bindings can really turn a day bad. I already know the size of the board, looking for a 155cm as I don`t think i`ll be growing much now, I`m just trying to keep my eye out for a somewhat good combo. If you know of any I would appreciate it.

btw do you have an aim sn? I`d prefer to talk to you on there then go back and forth with PMs.

Thanks!

Shaun Carollo
01-02-2007, 06:56 PM
PM sent.

holland_patrick
01-04-2007, 09:35 AM
I suggest getting off your A$$ and try skiing..

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:VhQebfChzFx3hM:http://images.uk-plc.net/templates/GBRSports/images/elanSkis.jpg

snowboarding wastes a ton of time sitting and fixing and sitting...

we call them SPOTS Stupid people on trays..

Shaun Carollo
01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah except for the fact that snowboarding is wayyy cooler, even if you have to stop and strap in at the top. Plus skiers never pick up any babes, not even ones that ski, they all like the bad boys.

JaCkaL829
01-16-2007, 09:39 PM
PM sent.

PM sent back :)