PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars holiday kits on clearance @ Target

Pages : [1] 2

waltj2k
12-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Fellas,

Just wanted to let you know that Target has their holiday car care kits @ 50% off (YMMV). Armour All, Turtle Wax and Meguiars.

The Megs kit has 4-5 bottles of wax,quik detail, a microfiber towel all for about $15. I think it`s worth a trip to target. Sorry I dont have more detail I haven`t picked one up yet. I remember seeing these before Christmas and knew they would be great after christmas sale fodder.

Happy New Year

Walt

waltj2k
12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
These kits are down to $7.50. I picked one up today.

Includes
16 oz Gold Class Shampoo
16 oz Meguiars Quick Interior Detail
15 oz Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Dressing
16 oz Golf Class Liquid Wax
24 oz Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner
1 16x24 Microfiber towel
1 small foam wax applicator
1 car wash sponge
1 nylon Caddy to keep it all together.

Not a bad after holiday pick up for $7.50. There are quite a few at target right now. Target is in 75% off holiday mode now. I`d bet there may be some left over when they go 90% off.

Surfer
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Are the Vroom towels on sale?

GearHead_1
01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
I`ve picked several sets of these up each of the last few years. They make great gifts for friends that aren`t quite as in to detailing as myself.

Pats300zx
01-01-2007, 06:54 PM
My local Target is always sold out of these right after Xmas. I am going to head over again tomorrow. There was an Armor All Kit that was also on sale. If I can get it for $5.00 it would be worth it. I will check out to see if the Vroom towels are on sale.

If anyone can find one of the Megs kits for me let me know.

CharlesW
01-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Are the Vroom towels on sale?They weren`t on sale at our Super Target last week. Didn`t see any deals on kits, but I really didn`t look, either.

Charles

Surfer
01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
My local Target is always sold out of these right after Xmas. I am going to head over again tomorrow. There was an Armor All Kit that was also on sale. If I can get it for $5.00 it would be worth it. I will check out to see if the Vroom towels are on sale.

If anyone can find one of the Megs kits for me let me know.
Let me know, if that stuff is on sale I`m buying a bunch of them lol. I found them to be as good as my Cobras and few other boutque brands. I got the nice orange ones that came like 10 or 15 to pack or whatever it was.

CharlesW
01-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Let me know, if that stuff is on sale I`m buying a bunch of them lol. I found them to be as good as my Cobras and few other boutque brands. I got the nice orange ones that came like 10 or 15 to pack or whatever it was.While the Varoom towels seem to be of decent quality and are priced right, they don`t even come close to the Poorboy`s Mega-Plush towels. You should try a few just to see how nice they really are.

Charles

audiboy
01-01-2007, 11:34 PM
While the Varoom towels seem to be of decent quality and are priced right, they don`t even come close to the Poorboy`s Mega-Plush towels. You should try a few just to see how nice they really are.

Charles

While I would still consider the Sams Club/Target microfiber towels good quality, they don`t even come close to the Mega-Plush towels. I was really amazed at the quality and was almost kicking myself for waiting so long to see what the fuss was about.

Surfer
01-02-2007, 12:35 AM
While the Varoom towels seem to be of decent quality and are priced right, they don`t even come close to the Poorboy`s Mega-Plush towels. You should try a few just to see how nice they really are.

CharlesActually I have some Poorboys micros and Cobras and some from Pakshak. Believe it or not, over the last year the Vrooms I bought held up just as well, no shedding or anything, passed cd test etc. Cobras etc are just barely softer but I`ve never got any marring from the Vrooms.

CharlesW
01-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Actually I have some Poorboys micros and Cobras and some from Pakshak. Believe it or not, over the last year the Vrooms I bought held up just as well, no shedding or anything, passed cd test etc. Cobras etc are just barely softer but I`ve never got any marring from the Vrooms.If you haven`t tried the Mega-Plush from Poorboy`s, you are missing out.
Like I said, there is no comparison.
That`s not to say the Vroom isn`t a good product, just to say that the Mega-Plush is an outstanding product.
Think Timex to Rolex.:)

Charles

Surfer
01-02-2007, 12:58 AM
If you haven`t tried the Mega-Plush from Poorboy`s, you are missing out.
Like I said, there is no comparison.
That`s not to say the Vroom isn`t a good product, just to say that the Mega-Plush is an outstanding product.
Think Timex to Rolex.:)

CharlesWell I have a Breitling and sold an Maurice LX soooo...lol.

But even then I`m still impressed by Vroom for what they cost, I mean 10 bucks or whatever it was for 10 or 15 micros that have held up as well and done as well a job as all the boutique micros I have, some of my towels have costed more then that for just 1 towel lol. Especially if they go on sale for half off, that`s crazy value.

Eliot Ness
01-02-2007, 02:07 AM
If you haven`t tried the Mega-Plush from Poorboy`s, you are missing out.........Charles, have you tried the new Deluxe Mega Towels (DMT) yet? I was wondering how they compare to the Mega-Plush.

Thanks,

John

CharlesW
01-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Surfer:
My watch is a Timex.:)

Eliot Ness:
The Mega-Plush, (16x16) and the larger Mega-Mega-Plush, (16x27) are the ones I have. It is my understanding that the DMT is basically the same towel except for the border. I think you would be very happy with either the DMT or the Mega-Plush.

Charles

ps. We probably should get back to the thread topic.
C.

Mr.H
01-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I picked up 4 of these gift packs on Monday @ 75% off. Now I have and extra half gallon of car wash and detailer. I mainly wanted the mf towels. But the gold class wax will come in handy I`m sure. lol, my wife thinks I`m crazy. She didn`t say so, but I know her too well. I think I`ll try the tire dressing in the wheel wells and I know the wheel cleaner will come in handy.