PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Pages : [1] 2

Tex Star Detail
12-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I think Santa hit my truck last night when he came in doing Mach 11!!!
Went out to wash my truck today, and seen this on the dirvers side, rear wheel arch......
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/scratch001.jpg

all the way to the metal...
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/scratch004.jpg

No clue to what happend.
My wife has been driving the truck lately, could have been a number of things...
Oh well.......... it happens, but it sucks......

Has a little bit of yellow paint deposited. Maybe a pillar at a fast food resturant?
Looks like it`s time for a cusom paint job..........hahahaha I wish

AL-53
12-25-2006, 06:56 PM
That stinks Chris...as shown you keep the truck in nice shape....best you can do is touch it up before the rust devil sets in...

At least it is not that bad...looks to be fixed easy...or you can put some black powder coated wheel well trim on both sides...

AL

Maxima Lover
12-25-2006, 06:58 PM
That sucks man. At least it`s not in the middle of a panel which would really stick out. Good luck getting it fixed.

Tex Star Detail
12-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I bought some touch up paint about 2 weeks ago. Well....I went to touch up a few rock chips with it......and.......I opened the wrong end, and it spilt all over the hood and wiper cowl. Removed it from the hood, but the cowl....that`s another story....lol

GearHead_1
12-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Did she go anywhere that might have had shopping carts in the parking lot? Seems like about the right height.

Tex Star Detail
12-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Did she go anywhere that might have had shopping carts in the parking lot? Seems like about the right height.

Nope. Only places I know of......
She drove the car to Houston, and I took the truck.
Truck sat the whole time it was there. I took the car back home, and she drove the truck.

She stopped at a gas station, then a McDonalds, then right home. Sat in the Driveway untouched....until I washed it and seen it.......

So, I think...not positive, it was one of those yellow poles at gas stations or fast food joints....

JaredPointer
12-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Some sort of fender flares might look nice as well as hide the scratch.

Kelso
12-25-2006, 09:33 PM
looks like something you or she hit and then kept going, yellow pole is a possibility. from the pic it looks like it starts at the front then scrapes towards the back. id get it fixed ASAP before the rust starts, sucks to hear man

Mikeyc
12-25-2006, 10:24 PM
That stinks! It`s really impossible to keep your car ding/scratch/chip free. There`s just too many inconsiderate people in this world and unfortunate things happen as well.

joe.p
12-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Thats two in the last couple weeks..be safe out there..sorry about the truck..

audiboy
12-25-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry about your luck. It looks like you should be able to fix that up with some touch up paint and some wet sanding.

Beercan31
12-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Hate to be the one who brings of bad news but looks like the wife parked in the "Kill zone" Arrogant shopper who think nothing but of them selfs or there kid who knows no better slammed there rear door in to you. Run don`t leave a note they will never notice...

as for the paint.... that comes down to RTFM before opening...lol sorry to laugh.. it`s not like it did not happen to me... but I do now have nice tie-died jeans...lol

you have learned the hard way young samurai
never open products over the job.

CalgaryDetail
12-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Sorry to see the damage, But hey think of it as a new project. Perhapds if you get good at this paint touch up thing it could be a service offered?

Sorry for the damage

Tex Star Detail
12-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Hmmmm.....buy a cargo trailer or get that panel fixed????? Hmmmm

touch up paint should hold for a while....lol

trhland
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
wait your wifes been driving the truck?? i think i know who did it