PDA

View Full Version : natty`s blue

southsidemex23
12-16-2006, 05:21 PM
will natty`s blue work good on silver colors or will i have to o with the original natty`s? and also will it help the gloss any if i were to apply more than just one coat? and do i have to wait awhile before applying another coat?

Pockets
12-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Well you can use whatever one you want. The NB will give the car more depth but less POP. The regular Nattys will give the car less depth and more POP! It dosent matter what type of color paint it is. The rule is usually dark paint NB light paint regular Nattys (use the nattys that will give you what you want) Putting on 2 coats will give it a little more of a glossy look but after that it is just for protection. As for waiting put on the Nattys or NB and let it dry to a haze wipe off then wait a day if you can before putting on another coat. Hope this helps

-Chris

CalgaryDetail
12-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Well you can use whatever one you want. The NB will give the car more depth but less POP. The regular Nattys will give the car less depth and more POP! It dosent matter what type of color paint it is. The rule is usually dark paint NB light paint regular Nattys. Putting on 2 coats will give it a little more of a glossy look but after that it is just for protection. As for waiting put on the Nattys or NB and let it dry to a haze wipe off then wait like 15 min before putting on another coat. Hope this helps

-Chris

i would wait for the paint to completely cure befor applying a seconed coat of wax. As a general rule you should wait 24 hours between coats.

rabbi
12-16-2006, 06:34 PM
My wife has a silver metallic and I prefer the Natty`s White while she likes the blue better.
To me the white brings out the flake more but my wife says it`s too shiney. She says the blue gives the metallic a glow which she likes better.
As for coats. I`ve put several coats on in consecutive days or I`ve waited a few weeks in between coats.I wait at least 24 hours in between coats.
My personal preference is to put on several coats in several days. I love the look of a freshly waxed car.

Pockets
12-16-2006, 09:44 PM
i would wait for the paint to completely cure befor applying a seconed coat of wax. As a general rule you should wait 24 hours between coats.

You can put the second coat on just after 30 min if you wish to put a third coat on you have to wait 6 hours.

CalgaryDetail
12-16-2006, 09:47 PM
You can put the second coat on just after 30 min if you wish to put a third coat on you have to wait 6 hours.

I was under the impresion this was just to make sure you get complete coverage, I have heard that you need 24 hours for the wax to properly cure. i know alot of waxes require 24 hours, as i have heard and read nattys is the same.. guees im wrong

Poorboy
12-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I was under the impresion this was just to make sure you get complete coverage, I have heard that you need 24 hours for the wax to properly cure. i know alot of waxes require 24 hours, as i have heard and read nattys is the same.. guees im wrong

yes the first two coats are for making sure you have complete coverage and about a 1/2 hour should be long enough between them ...waxes cure fairly fast unlike sealants(sealants cure in 24-72 hours). Weather could also determine waiting time, the hotter it is the longer it takes for a wax to dry. For the most part, after a wax has hazed and has been buffed it really doesn`t need much time.

budman3
12-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, big differences in cure time for sealants and waxes. Sealants will need to bond to the paint and need to be bonded before additional coats be applied. Waxes sit atop the paint and once the wax dries you can go ahead and add more. Using a spit shine method would be best for layering waxes for best results :)