PDA

View Full Version : Mailing list......

Tex Star Detail
12-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Looking at buying a mailing list in the near future.
Mailing list will be for a single town, singe zip, private residence....etc...

I have a round about price per lead....
What I need is a good, up to date, reliable site/place that sells lists....

Would the post office be able to help with a mass mailing, or would that be more than buying a mailing list and sending myself?

I pulled up the town, and it brought up a population of 3475 in the census of 2000, but imagine it will be 2/3 less with my criteria.

1000x.39 (stamps)=$390
2 reams of paper= $10
1000 envelopes=$25
Ink...Not too worried, I have a few cartridges laying around.
So I will say $425-450 to send to 1000 people.....about 3.5 detail jobs...
Plus whatever a mailing list costs....

dr_detail
12-15-2006, 08:53 PM
if they are all one zip-code, you can bundle them and take them to the bulk mail center (or drop them off at the counter) -- however, they will need to be stamped first. If they are multiple zips, it might be best to pre-sort them by the last 3 #`s in the zip. Again, bundle them stamped, and drop them off. If you want to do bulk mail often, and get a bulk mail rate, you will need to apply for a bulk mail permit -- ask your postman at the office for the info....

oh, and don`t get hit this time :laugh

Tex Star Detail
12-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the reply.....
And I`ll try not to get hit....lol

anyone else have any info??

Surfer
12-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Not sure if the Post Office would help or not, try Sales Genie. You could also try PostcardMania - Bulk & Direct Mail Postcards - The Bulk & Direct Mail Postcard Marketing Experts (http://www.Postcardmania.com) . In my business, they will setup the flyer, the list, postage etc (they get bulk rate pricing) and send out. I think they have a minimum 5K order, which cost I think 380 or so just for the flyers, but you could set it up to where you have 5K, but say ever week or two send out another 1K to the same people, or to another town etc.

edit - whoa that was weird, I type in w w w postcardmania.com and that big azz link popped up lol.

Shaun Carollo
12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
infoUSA.com (http://www.infousa.com) is where I have looked in the past. I believe it was about $300-$400 for a 2,000+ list. I still haven`t tackled any mass mailings yet, but within the next three to six months I plan to send out many. I believe if you send out postcards you can get it cheaper, not sure if thats what dr. detail is talking about or not. I compiled a nice letter earlier this year with my biz card, and a nice address label with our logo on it. I got my biggest customer out of doing this. Good luck