PDA

View Full Version : underhood wax?

teg86
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Wasnt sure if i should put this in here or in engine detailing. Is there a heat resistant wax or sealant that you use in the engine bay on the wheel wells an hood etc? Wasnt sure if my regular wax would be fine in there or not. I have a lot of open space exposing paint in my engine bay, looks horrible :confused:

audiboy
12-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I`ve never heard of any wax specifically made for the engine bay. You might be able to use wheel wax in that area since it`s able to hold up against a lot of heat.

Beemerboy
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Wasnt sure if i should put this in here or in engine detailing. Is there a heat resistant wax or sealant that you use in the engine bay on the wheel wells an hood etc? Wasnt sure if my regular wax would be fine in there or not. I have a lot of open space exposing paint in my engine bay, looks horrible :confused:

Are you talking about the painted areas like on the strut housing, the bottom of the hood and the likes of that?

teg86
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
yeah, underside of hood, firewall, etc. pretty much everything thats painted under the hood

Beemerboy
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
yeah, underside of hood, firewall, etc. pretty much everything thats painted under the hood

I would use a good polish to start with most of those painted areas are not that well finished...Then a dressing that I like to use is Stoners Trim Shine its a silicone based dressing stays on pretty, shines up good, easy to apply...Let it dry for some time, but once it is those areas look new again.

Also PB B-n-B is another one, that will work, let it dry hard so that it doesn`t collect dust

Under the hood a polish is what I use...get some gloves as you can really damage your finger doing this section...I also finish this with Stoners TS.

7tcbody
12-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree about the gloves, man.

I learned that the hard way all right.